Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 48 Front Sight

DPA

Hi All,

I am wanting to replace the front sight on a new glock 48. It currently has the factory white sights and I blacked out the rear sight with a sharpie. (Yes I know I'm cheap) This pistol will primarily be used for carry and self defense. (maybe visit an IDPA match or two) I am wondering if I should replace the front sight with a tritium or fiber optic one . Any thoughts, opinions or recommendations? Thanks in advance.

D

Hello, I maybe the odd man on this one but I would get a fiber front sight. Dawson make some good ones for your pistol. I would also suggest you get a rear sight at the same time with no fiber, all black with a square notch. I have seen stock Glock sights fall off. I would also try a red and green fiber to see what works best for you. Thanks, Eric

On 12/1/2020 at 4:58 PM, Southpaw said:

If you like the blacked out rear check out the Ameriglo Hackathorn set.

Thanks. I bought the Hackathorn set today. The model number is GL-436, verified by Don at ameriglo. I will lyk how it works out. 🍻

• 3 months later...

most of my competition glocks have the warren/sevigny competition sights - rear wide notch, front fiber optic.

when i got my 43x (for aiwb carry) i ordered it with nite sights and i really like them and put them on a sd/hd g31

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/sights/sight-sets/agent-3-dot-proglo-set-for-glock-10-45-357sig-sku100026285-113320-212063.aspx