Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Everglades - MRH - Magnetic Race Holster?

chgofirefighter

9 hours ago, chgofirefighter said:

I've been using the DAA X Holster for my open setup for some time now~  But I've been eyeing the Everglades MRH race holster, curious to hear from those that made the switch to the Everglades holster from DAA.  It's not cheap but this sport isn't a cheap sport~ 😉

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/279096-everglade-race-holster/

Get the Everglades race holster. No inserts no bs. Its the best holster on the market. I dumped DAA because of surprise hangups. You learn to fear every draw. Everglades never do that and you don't have to fit a bunch of $50 inserts before learning better..

On 12/5/2020 at 5:31 AM, Brooke said:

Get the Everglades race holster. No inserts no bs. Its the best holster on the market. I dumped DAA because of surprise hangups. You learn to fear every draw. Everglades never do that and you don't have to fit a bunch of $50 inserts before learning better..

Thanks~!  I'm about to sell the DAA holster and stay with the Everglades....  I ordered the MRH, installed it and used it during a match and yes I'll never be going back to DAA and the hassle of buying inserts is a PITA!~ 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just picked one up. Super not impressed. The part that attached to the actual belt isnt recessed like every other holster on the planet. Actual mounting screws stick out towards the gun side, will need to shave them down eventually. Lots of adjustment to fine tune everything. To much BS, doesnt matter if the gun is 1 degree this way or that way. And finally, the middle position for the lock is really far down (to me) so i'll never use that as it changes how I'm going to draw the gun. 

The benefit is the ability to whip any gun in there and go with it, no need to mess with the inserts. 

Should have gone with a Double alpha like everyone else uses. 

1 hour ago, Dutchman195 said:

Just picked one up. Super not impressed. The part that attached to the actual belt isnt recessed like every other holster on the planet. Actual mounting screws stick out towards the gun side, will need to shave them down eventually. Lots of adjustment to fine tune everything. To much BS, doesnt matter if the gun is 1 degree this way or that way. And finally, the middle position for the lock is really far down (to me) so i'll never use that as it changes how I'm going to draw the gun. 

The benefit is the ability to whip any gun in there and go with it, no need to mess with the inserts. 

Pm me if you want to sell it

3 hours ago, Dutchman195 said:

I used DAA for 10 years and tried the MRH. Much much better than the DAA hands down in nearly every way.

My only real gripe is not being able to lock/unlock with my gun hand still on gun. But I’ll figure that out eventually.

2 hours ago, tfinnerr said:

@Sarge do you have any idea where I could find an MRH? I PM'd around here and haven't heard much

I got lucky and found a new one here in the classifieds. Everglades will eventually start making them again, but for now are focusing all their efforts on making bullets.

• 2 years later...