Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Target Tape

Tom Freeman

My club is running a little low on brown tape.  So I went to Target Barns site and it looks like they dont sell rolls of tape anymore, only pasters.

The last time I ventured away from Target Barn I ended up with really dark brown and not very sticky, tape.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a source of good quality tape?

8 minutes ago, Tom Freeman said:

My club is running a little low on brown tape.  So I went to Target Barns site and it looks like they dont sell rolls of tape anymore, only pasters.

The last time I ventured away from Target Barn I ended up with really dark brown and not very sticky, tape.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Target-Tape-P4405.aspx

i haven’t tried the SC brand but have used alco brand and it’s dead on as far as color match

https://alcotarget.com/tape/

15 hours ago, Tom Freeman said:

I have the Shooters Connection brown tape.  It's pretty dang close in color to cardboard.

2 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Well, I love me some SC, but my last batch of tape from them is tearing instead of neatly peeling off in strips.  Quite a PITA and pretty worthless.  I've not tried every single roll, but the one in my range bag was useless.

Maybe the Texas heat got to it?

1 hour ago, shred said:

Pasters are better for matches.  Tape is better for practice.  Until you get a paster gun...

this,

I run a 80-120 shooter match and while pasters cost more than tape they have actually sped up the match and saved money.

targets repaired with tape become almost un-scorable very quickly but targets repaired with pasters last much longer, we regularly have most/all of the open targets last the whole match without needing replaced, with tape they were changed at least once sometimes twice. also we have cold weather much of the year and tape never seemed to stick well if it was below 45deg out and if raining it was worse, (thank you DAA for waterproof targets and pasters)