Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best POUCHES for Double/Single stack

MuayThaiJJ

1 hour ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

hi guys, I have black scorpion pouches and it’s a pain to switch back-and-forth from double to single and vice versa. What are the best pouches to quickly and easily switch back-and-forth? Thanks

Not DoubleAlpha.............LOL

I don't like Ghost pouches for several reasons, but they are a lot easier to adjust for magazine thickness than DAA. 

I use DAA Racer pouches.  I like pouches that apply pressure to the rear of the mag.  I bought them for USPSA double stack, but they work for single stack mags.  An advantage is you can cant the SS mags out to the side where it is easier to grab them.  I do it all the time.  No mods necessary.

17 minutes ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

I'm gonna try the Black Scorpion magnetic pouches, does anyone have experience with these?

opplanet-bso-ipsc-thunderbolt-master-pisopplanet-bso-ipsc-thunderbolt-master-pou

Just a reminder you can’t use those for all divisions if you decide to shoot USPSA

Hello: I have tried lots of different mag pouches over the years. The Safariland 771's get the job done and simply just work. I have a set for double stack mags(I use the ones for STI's/McCormick) for my Glock, Sig 320 mags as well. I use the single stack 771's for 1911 magazines. You can find them usually around the $20-$25 price range. Thanks, Eric