Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6" Brekke vs 10/16 Taccom

I have shot both.  I own the Brekke 10.5/6 (second one on the way!) and my buddy owns the Taccom 10/16.  Both shoot well in our experiences.  I prefer being able to tune the comp on the Brekke to my shooting hand.  To me that makes a difference in how I drive the gun with my support hand.  It's only money.

11 minutes ago, WxGuy said:

I have shot both.  I own the Brekke 10.5/6 (second one on the way!) and my buddy owns the Taccom 10/16.  Both shoot well in our experiences.  I prefer being able to tune the comp on the Brekke to my shooting hand.  To me that makes a difference in how I drive the gun with my support hand.  It's only money.

I really like the ramp on the taccom, wish they made a 10.5 barrel, mind me asking what you use?

8 hours ago, DodgeNerd said:

I really like the ramp on the taccom, wish they made a 10.5 barrel, mind me asking what you use?

Yes, I have the Brekke 10.5/6 and it has a nice ramp too.  We found the Brekke barrel was pretty quick on the chrono and allowed my buddies to use less grains to achieve 130PF.  I found the Brekke to be the best feeding with all kinds of reloaded (friends) and commercial ammo.  I do have the 5.25 Taccom ULW and both have their place.  I prefer the Brekke for the primary and will have the backup gun running one too.  Like I stated earlier, I like the comp tunability of the Brekke.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2020 at 11:54 AM, WxGuy said:

How do you tune the comp when it is in a fixed position on the barrel?