Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone have Quickload .bul files for Montana Gold?

chrishoesel

I started a load workup with Montana Gold 124gr JHP and even though I found a load which is quite clean, I was playing with the numbers in Quickload using a Speer 124gr bullet for the data.  According to QL, I'm approaching maximum pressure (but still below max) using 4.6 grains of VV N-340.  I modified the BA numbers to get the velocity to match what I'm chronoing at (1065 fps) at a COAL of 1.080.  VV load booklet shows 4.9 grains being the max load using Lapua's megashock bullet which is the only one listed in that weight range and N-340.

My previous loads using Zero Bullets 124 JHP were pushing 1190-1200 fps out of my Glock 19 at 5.5 grains.  (.6 over max, but no pressure signs) yet quite dirty.

I'm now running magnum small pistol primers, and found that my lower load, even though slower and less pressure, is almost clinically-clean using same powder and same weight-class bullet.

I wanted to play around with N-310, and looking at Quickload to get me in the ballpark since I have over 20 pounds of it, so wanted to get the data a bit more accurate by seeing if anyone had generated a .bul file for Montana Gold, as I can't find it anywhere.

Has anyone run N-310 with 9mm?  I know it's supposed to be bunny-fart soft with heavy projectiles in .45 ACP.  N-320 seems better suited for 9mm, but only have about 2 pounds of that left.

Anyhow, have 4k to load, and I'll do half with this current load and try out N-310 once I finish this first batch.  Recoil is kinda snappy in the Glock, even though I'm running a comp on it, there is no gas to drive it.  I'm getting a full burn though.

• 2 weeks later...