Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Gunworks Alpha Grip

On 12/8/2020 at 5:57 PM, uhmeebuh said:

These are the full panel on the right (that comes with it) and the half panel on the left.  I like them a lot!

I'm coming from a Nighthawk Firehawk and Shadowhawk so it took a little getting used to but I've really grown to like the grip aggressiveness and lack of grip safety on the Athena!

• 2 weeks later...

This Alpha grip is awesome.  During a recent class with TGO, we found that on the polymer STI grip, I wasn't gripping the gun tight enough with the heal of my weak hand.  This little insert on the right side of the grip makes that much easier for me to do correctly.  

IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_4531.jpg

On 12/18/2020 at 7:23 PM, Firebull said:

What’s your opinion of the Nighthawk double stack vs Atlas from accuracy, reliability and recoil management perspectives?  Many thanks.

Sorry - missed this one with the holidays.

The NHC grip is bigger than the Alpha but the panels on the Alpha make them about the same.  The texture on the NHC is very smooth compared to the Alpha and even the E2 Cheely is much more grippy (and is my preference between the three).  

The Firehawk is less recoil than the Atlas with the same ammo due to the comp.  But you can only run an RMR with the IOS on the Firehawk and I have an SRO on the Athena. 

The trigger on the Athena is lighter and shorter and both have been very reliable (no issues with any ammo to speak of) with a 3-5k rounds through each.  

So, I want both combined...which is an Atlas Erebus.   Looking into an Erebus top end for my Athena now...

Edited by uhmeebuh
7 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

@RangerTrace would you say the atlas grip would be good for a carry pistol? I'm currently going back and forth between getting an Atlas, have Dan at D2 customs build me one, or the Nighthawk. 

Size and weight wise, it makes a great carry gun.  But it's still quite a bit heavier than a G19.  The Alpha Grip's carry texture is aggressive, but it's not shredding my shirts....yet.  Cheelys carry texture would be more kind to your skin.

8 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Size and weight wise, it makes a great carry gun.  But it's still quite a bit heavier than a G19.  The Alpha Grip's carry texture is aggressive, but it's not shredding my shirts....yet.  Cheelys carry texture would be more kind to your skin.

Sweet. Now I just need to narrow down which one I want. Also looking at a Nighthawk 2011 as well.