Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness differences??

mniels

I am actually having a hard time finding this info, I am sure it is buried somewhere in this sub but I cannot find it...

What are the fundamental differences between the Elite and Extreme series?  From what I can gather the Extreme has some trigger upgrades done at the factory?  I am looking at a Witness Elite Stock 3.  Also not sure as to the differences between the 2 and 3 series.

If there is already a thread out there with this info, please let me know and I will bow out with my apologies.....

Xtreme has different finish, xtreme double action trigger installed with trigger work done.  I think that's it, I've never personally owned one. Regular model with trigger job will blow the xtreme away. S2 has cone barrel, hard chrome. S3 about quarter inch longer, about 3 oz heavier or so, all weight in the front, less durable finish. I'm sure there are other details I'm forgetting at the moment.

Edited by Polymer

On 11/24/2020 at 11:28 PM, mniels said:

I am actually having a hard time finding this info, I am sure it is buried somewhere in this sub but I cannot find it...

What are the fundamental differences between the Elite and Extreme series?  From what I can gather the Extreme has some trigger upgrades done at the factory?  I am looking at a Witness Elite Stock 3.  Also not sure as to the differences between the 2 and 3 series.

If there is already a thread out there with this info, please let me know and I will bow out with my apologies.....

The Stock 2 is the full dustcover frame, no rail, bull barrel, chrome, 4.5 inch.

Stock 3 is black finish, railed frame, straight 4.75" barrel.

The new Defiant Stock Master is the stock 3 frame, with a 4.75" bull barrel, chrome finish and some lightening cuts on the slide. Sort of best of both worlds. Mine is here, I pick it up tomorrow

"Elite" means nothing. Some are marked EAA Witness Elite Stock 2, some just stock 2. They are the same.

The Extreme guns come with some of the factory upgraded doo-dads, like the Extreme hammer, trigger, grips, etc. The internal parts have a different finish but they are still crappy and it will still need trigger work. They are a giant waste of money IMO.