Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI +4 basepads / CZ Shadow 2 / no more slide lock

Eric_T

Hi everyone.  I just got some TTI +4 basepads for my Mec-Gar 17 rd CZ magazines.  I'm using the stock spring and follower, and I removed the bottom plate from the spring as per the instructions.  After the change, I have trouble getting slide lock on the empty magazine.  If I hold the pistol with the ejection port facing up, then the slide will lock back when I rack it on an empty magazine, but otherwise it doesn't catch.  Is there some adjustment I can make to fix this?

I am pretty sure you will need to use a different spring than stock with the extended base pads.  I have the Springer Precision extended basepads with their 13 coil spring with a stock follower.  It works perfectly and I get 21 rounds in the mag with slide lock function.

7 hours ago, ML123 said:

I am pretty sure you will need to use a different spring than stock with the extended base pads.  I have the Springer Precision extended basepads with their 13 coil spring with a stock follower.  It works perfectly and I get 21 rounds in the mag with slide lock function.

Thanks, I will look into it.  TTI says it works with the stock spring and follower, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  I suppose if I get a new spring, I might as well get the Grams kit and get another 2 rounds while I'm at it.

22 hours ago, himurax13 said:

It won't go to slide lock reliably with the stock spring and follower since there is less tension due to the increased magazine length.  

Yeah, I think I understand the reason for it, I was just surprised since TTI's website says it will work with the stock parts.  I assumed it meant it would work without any loss of function.

On 11/22/2020 at 6:11 PM, ML123 said:

I think you will lose slide lock with the Grams kit too even though you will pick up an additional 2 rounds over the stock follower and a heavier spring.

You will lose slide lock with the grams kit. I have also found that it to have nose dive issues as well.

55 minutes ago, himurax13 said:

You will lose slide lock with the grams kit. I have also found that it to have nose dive issues as well.

When you say nose dive are you referring to FTF issues?  I had that issue too with the Grams kits in the CZ 18rd magazines with extended base plates.  I inquired about it but never got a response from Grams.  I think they work better in the 17rd mag tubes from what I have read?

On 11/23/2020 at 5:42 PM, Eric_T said:

Yeah, I think I understand the reason for it, I was just surprised since TTI's website says it will work with the stock parts.  I assumed it meant it would work without any loss of function.

I think you asking too much of the original spring.

Regarding the nosedive, I've had no issues with TTI, Grams guts and 17 mecgar, as long as you keep them clean.  I find that cleaning them out anytime they hit the dirt keeps them functioning properly.

On 11/24/2020 at 4:59 AM, ML123 said:

When you say nose dive are you referring to FTF issues?  I had that issue too with the Grams kits in the CZ 18rd magazines with extended base plates.  I inquired about it but never got a response from Grams.  I think they work better in the 17rd mag tubes from what I have read?

I have had the issues with the 16, 17, and 18 round mags with the appropriate grams follower and basepads installed. Gonna spend the next few weeks trying to figure out the nosediving issue (first round nosedives instead of feeding)