Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Medium Backpack vs. Safariland Backpack

I'm looking for a range backpack and the DAA medium backpack and newish Safariland backpack are at the top of the list at this point.  

The DAA is about $170 shipped at the moment and it seems to have decent feedback.  The Safariland is almost $200 and what little feedback I can find seems to be good but I'm not sure if it brings much to the table that makes it worth $30 more than the DAA.

Any feedback would be appreciated, especially if you've seen both in person.  I searched the boards for info on the Safariland but not a lot came up.  

Thanks.

Edited by Michael303
Had the wrong price for the DAA bag.

I have had both of them.   They each have their good and bad points. I think the materials in the safariland are better (particularly the zippers) I like certain points of the safariland design better as well (the pouch in the back is well sized to take my open gun for instance) .. What I like better about the DAA bag is that it holds its shape and structure better (due to stiffer inserts I guess) and is a little easier to work out of during the match to me.  They are both quality products but based on a little more than a season on the safariland bag (my previous 2 bags were DAA) I think it will last longer.

10 minutes ago, caspian guy said:

I have had both of them.   They each have their good and bad points. I think the materials in the safariland are better (particularly the zippers) I like certain points of the safariland design better as well (the pouch in the back is well sized to take my open gun for instance) .. What I like better about the DAA bag is that it holds its shape and structure better (due to stiffer inserts I guess) and is a little easier to work out of during the match to me.  They are both quality products but based on a little more than a season on the safariland bag (my previous 2 bags were DAA) I think it will last longer.

Appreciate the feedback.  How does the size compare between the two and how are the included accessories?

Safariland is doing a Black Friday sale right now.  I was able to get the Range Backpack and a new ELS belt for $144 shipped.  I currently have the DAA and bought the Safariland for the fiancé.  

• ChuckS locked this topic
  • ChuckS unlocked this topic
9 hours ago, chris914 said:

Safariland is doing a Black Friday sale right now.  I was able to get the Range Backpack and a new ELS belt for $144 shipped.  I currently have the DAA and bought the Safariland for the fiancé.  

I love you.  I had one on order somewhere else for about $175 shipped but got that canceled and got it from Safariland direct for about $112 shipped.

Do you know how long the promo is good for.  Thinking about getting some other stuff I don't need.