Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 1301 Question

Hi all

I just bought a new Beretta 1301 Marine and made it to the range. First of all I love it. It ate 4 different types of ammo perfectly. No failures. 

My question is this: occasionally while loading rounds in the magazine, the last round I loaded will get thrown onto the lifter preventing me from loading the next round into the chamber. I thought I might be inadvertently hitting the button so I tried to be very careful about it.  It seemed better but it also seemed that the movement of the lifter itself could trigger it? Do I just need to load it slowly each time? Is it that sensitive? Thanks!

The most likely cause is that you're just not getting the last rim to click past the shell latch. A distant second most likely scenario is that you are bumping the release button. 

If you're doing neither of these things and the gun is doing it automatically something is very wrong with the gun and it needs some work.

Like Tony said, most likely you're just not getting the last round past the shell latch.  

The new 1301 Tactical have had the new bolt release since 2018 that prevents double feeds or releasing rounds from the magazine just by bumping the bolt release.  To release a round from the magazine now requires lifting up the front of the bolt release.

Jump to 1:10 for the bolt release

Edited by Ming the Merciless

You both may be right. My first time out with it and the gate was probably making me timid with my loading and not wanting to get my thumb pinched so I probably short-pushed it in. When I was deliberate with it more slowly it went away. 

Second question: does the Nordic Component +2 use the factory spring? 

thanks for all the help!

9 minutes ago, SouthernShotgunner said:

Can't say definitively, and there's probably not many people on here that have used a +2, but I'd be willing to bet it would work fine.

23 hours ago, SouthernShotgunner said:

You both may be right. My first time out with it and the gate was probably making me timid with my loading and not wanting to get my thumb pinched so I probably short-pushed it in. When I was deliberate with it more slowly it went away. 

thanks for all the help!

Nordic includes a full length spring with each extension, so you can shorten the new spring about 2 feet (just kidding, but probably close).

They also say you can use the factory magazine spring.

From the Nordic website:

https://nordiccomp.com/categories/beretta-1301-tactical-mxt-extension-kit/

Beretta 1301 extension kit in a single package for Tactical model.

• Features MXT magazine extension designed exclusively for the 1301 Tactical
  • Beretta 1301 extension increases magazine capacity to 7 rounds (capacity determined with 2 3/4″ shells and may vary with shells of differing length)
  • Barrel clamp kit includes 1301 Tactical-exclusive clamp, Picatinny rail, and QDA swivel attachment
  • Utilizes factory magazine spring (spare generic spring included)
Edited by Ming the Merciless

You can either rack the round on the lifter into the chamber then continue loading, fire the gun then continue, or if you really wanted to you could partially pull the bolt back, stick your finger into the ejection port and push the shell all the way into the tube.