Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PD has 9 mm 124 jhp

RudyVey

Well, that is another firm I won't be buying from again. Too bad.  I liked their bullets.  A 25% increase in price for 2000.  No wonder so many are switching to poly coated.  Fortunately there are still a few firms selling bullets at pre-Covid pricing, and that's where I'm buying now as stuff becomes available.   They are also the firms I'll continue buying from after the shortage is over.

1 hour ago, jstagn said:

A case or by the thousands?

Whoops I bought 1000, not a case. Wouldn't have wanted more since their price is far inferior to MG now after the recent price hike. Picked some up have for self-defense loads since the MG's are a target specific round and don't have optimal expansion characteristics.

Edited by kamber

55 minutes ago, kamber said:

Whoops I bought 1000, not a case. Wouldn't have wanted more since their price is far inferior to MG now after the recent price hike. Picked some up have for self-defense loads since the MG's are a target specific round and don't have optimal expansion characteristics.

MG’s are $20 more per 1k rounds.  The demand has driven up raw material cost significantly so there was no way prices weren’t going to increase..

19 minutes ago, NoSteel said:

MG’s are $20 more per 1k rounds.  The demand has driven up raw material cost significantly so there was no way prices weren’t going to increase..

Fair enough, if you're only looking to buy lower quantities, then PD is indeed cheaper. I hadn't noticed, as I always buy in whatever increment necessary to achieve the lowest cost-per-round figure, which is 3750 rounds when it comes to MG 124gr 9mm JHP's.

MG has a best-achievable-price of $0.096 CPR -vs- PD's best-achievable-price of $0.11175 CPR.

I don't blame PD for a instituting a price increase; they've been (and still are) selling out within minutes and cannot even come close to keeping up with demand—businesses exist to make money. As a consumer though, I'm obviously not going to want to pay more for a product at one place if an equivalent product is available elsewhere for less.

Edited by kamber