Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has the "Great One" slowed down?

On the cover of the Front Sight is a picture of Rob doing a reload kinda like a regular guy.In the olden days every picture you saw of Rob had 4 pieces of brass in the air, a mag falling about half way to the ground and another mag going in.Brian please tell me the new photo was trick photography.

On another note:

When doing a El Prez in Super Senior class does your walker have to face uprange also?

Bill

I suppose we all know that pyhsical and mental ability diminish with age. Then again, as we age, we gain all sorts of collective experiences that are priceless.

Of course Rob, Jerry, Todd and the rest will eventually be knocked off of the top of the hill as they slide down the backside. Then again, I would trade my ability straight across for 80 per cent of  Rob's ability, even on his worst days.

I would love to have the honor of shooting with a guy like Brian or Rob anytime. I'd even push his freaking wheel chair and spoon feed him Geritol just to watch him slap the trigger at a rack of plates...

Patrick:

That's why I said "eventually"... like maybe in this life time. Ever see the video "How to Shoot Fast and Accurately"? Seems like Ken Tapp was racing with some young pup named Brian something ;-).

As for old age... One of the guys in my club asked me why I started IPSC at 45 years old. I told him "because it gives me 5 years to practice for senior", lol.

Age is a state of mind.

I know 70 year olds that are "younger" than some 30 year olds..

Shooting fast and accurately was the 1st video that my wife bought me and I was amazed at how fast Ken was slapping leather...

It's all shooting and It's all good...

(I know a man in his late 60's that shoots bullseye competition better than anyone else that competes, young or old).

He can even shoot your gun and beat you...

It will be a long time before Rob "slows down"