Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is there an alternative to the Mr. Bullet Feeder?

Cuz

Looking to add a bullet feeder to my RL1100 and I was just wondering it the DAA Mr. Bullet Feeder was the only game in town, or if there were alternatives that were just as good or better.  I never hear of any, but figured I'd ask before spending the money.

Thanks,

Cuz

Yeah, their Black Friday sale is the best price I've seen in a while.  That's why I asked, I just wanted to see if there was anything comparable before spending the money.

I wish I hadn't spent $50 on the bullet tray when I ordered my press 3 months ago.  Dillon was smart to send that out right away.  I think it's too late to return even though I haven't received the press yet...

This won't help you now since they're out of business, but I've had great success with my GSI bullet feeding system. Their only crux was their collator. I frankensteined the GSI head with a MBF collator and haven't looked back. Their head allows me to add a powder check/lock out die in addition to a bullet feeder

On 11/22/2020 at 9:08 AM, Cuz said:

Yeah, their Black Friday sale is the best price I've seen in a while.  That's why I asked, I just wanted to see if there was anything comparable before spending the money.

I wish I hadn't spent $50 on the bullet tray when I ordered my press 3 months ago.  Dillon was smart to send that out right away.  I think it's too late to return even though I haven't received the press yet...

Just ordered my second Mr bullet feeder. To mount on a bullet sizing press(star). The tray comes in handy to lay things on - tools , set up cases, bad rounds that you spot, adjustment shims ,etc.  Next if you decide to load a bullet that will not collate you'll need the tray. Later on you start loading a different  caliber that you don't have the feeder set up for you'll need the tray. Or you could (most likely) return it .