Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suggestions for What To Do During the Michigan Lockdown

BillChunn

So until December 8th, Michigan governor Whitmer has locked down all the dine-in restaurants and bars and abolished all sporting activity (except professional sports of course, those must be run without spectators) over this virus.  All of the clubs in south-eastern Michigan have cancelled their USPSA activities, including ALL practices on the indoor ranges.  She has threatened those businesses with huge fines if they attempt to violate her orders by having the facilities open.  

Yeah, reloading, brass cleaning are options along with dry firing but what else would you suggest to this "home incarcerated" competitor?

BC

Edited by BillChunn
cleaned it up to prevent being closed

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

Damn this is going to get censored, I mean closed, in a hurry. I feel sorry for you guys up there. Very sad.

Hit 75 south until it gets warm is what I’d do.

@Sarge cleaned it up and removed the rhetoric.... What clubs in Ohio that are still holding matches?

BC

Edited by BillChunn

1 hour ago, BillChunn said:

@Sarge cleaned it up and removed the rhetoric.... What clubs in Ohio that are still holding matches?

BC

Nothing here but small indoor practice matches. But 75 goes all the way to FLORIDA.🚘

We are in a similar situation, but with a mandatory mask requirement indoors and out.  One club just cancelled the USPSA match for Sat, because you cannot wear a mask without fogging up your shooting glasses.  That is a safety issue.  The outdoor practice ranges remain open.  One club mandates masks at all time, except on the shooting line while actively shooting.  Again, the fogging issue.  Their shooting lanes are set up so that it is impossible for shooters to be closer than 6' from each other.  It remains to be seen what the other clubs I shoot at will do.

To your original question:  when we were locked down I did a lot more reading, built a gun and crossed off a few things on the honeydo list.