Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greetings. New guy trying to learn.

ReconNav

Just wanted to say hello.

I'm in my late 40s, but just starting out with USPSA shooting.  I'd also like to get into reloading, to help facilitate doing more live fire training, and maybe develop a good load for use in matches (assuming I can get good enough that shooting something other than cheapest bulk ammo available will make a difference!

Welcome to the forums.  If you have enough bulk factory ammo to train and shoot matches, then good for you.  Reloading, right now, is a bit of a problem, unless you have lots of components already on hand.  Small pistol primers being the hardest thing to come by.  Do some reading on here and buy some of the suggested dry fire programs to help get you started.  

On 11/19/2020 at 7:24 AM, RangerTrace said:

Welcome to the forums.  If you have enough bulk factory ammo to train and shoot matches, then good for you.  Reloading, right now, is a bit of a problem, unless you have lots of components already on hand.  Small pistol primers being the hardest thing to come by.  Do some reading on here and buy some of the suggested dry fire programs to help get you started.  

Thanks. I am in the same ammo drought as everyone else. So, I'm doing lots of dry fire, just a tiny bit of dry fire, and only shooting one match a month.

I'm getting all the reloading gear together slowly, studying up on procedures/techniques, and hoping things will ease up in a few months, and I'll be able to actually starting loading my own stuff.