Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Staccato XL vs CK Arms Limited

Ak12

A couple years ago I had 2 CK Arms Hardcore limited guns. I also had a STI DVC Limited. The STI is a good gun, but between the two, CK Arms is an easy choice. Fit and finish, better trigger/ignition components, plus the steel grip made it an overall better gun to shoot. 

sBIHcdM.jpeg

Shooters Connection has a few CK guns left over if you wanted new.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/2011-9mm-Limited-Gun-C1046.aspx

Feel free to shoot me a message if you had any further questions. 

10 hours ago, Mike21STI said:

I had a freedom gunworks limited gun built by Bobby (the K in CK)  it runs like a top.  I'd go with the CK over the staccato xl

I bought a Freedom Gunworks Limited Gun used built by Bobby.  It looks like art and runs everything I feed it. 

3 tries I finally got a picture to post. ;)

I've owned both brands... STI Tac 5.0, STI DVC and the Freedom GW.  Freedom GW is significantly nicer.

ILhUJal.jpg

Edited by Chutist

Really depends on what you want.  The CK gun is certainly more custom than the Stacatto and it's likely to have a metal grip, if that means anything to you.  I think the XL is going for around $3400 retail.  Not sure what CKARMS is getting for a Limited gun now.  The Stacatto guns are made to run on factory ammo, which is a good thing, if you can get factory ammo.

My CK eats full power duty ammo just fine. ;). I did qualify with it once so i'd be able to take it out...ya know in case of a Zombie Apocalypse. 🤣.  Sgt. only let me because he wanted to shoot it too! LOL!!!

My STI did not shoot to point of aim as delivered.  It was about 6" low at 15 yards.  STI did offer to send me another front sight or send the gun in and they would fix it.

STI's are good guns, they are just "production" guns.

CK guns get more "love" - not full custom but pretty close.  I think they are really what the DVC guns were supposed to be...  

That said they were not the same price! I think I got a deal on the STI - $1300 or so the CK was around 2500?  You could do a lot of work on the STI for $1200. ;)   The TAC 5.0 would be good to go for Limited with a fiber optic front sight and a trigger job.  :)

Edited by Chutist

59 minutes ago, Ak12 said:

That’s a good point, Rangertrace. What’s your view between Staccato P and XL?  Thanks a bunch.

I've not shot the XL, but you're talking $1999 vs. $3499.  I'm told the XL has a nicer trigger and shoots even flatter.  If you're going with 9mm, I save the coin and get the P.

I’ve played with the C2, XL, P, and XC. Also Akai’s, Atlas’s, and a Honcho. Plus most of the old DVC’s (L, 3G, and Tactical).

The P is fine. Put the light spring in it and it’ll shoot surprisingly similar to the rest. 

I would never tell anyone to but the XL or the XC. Just not worth it. I shot a field course with the XC and a my C2 and the time and scoring was practically the same. 

honestly if I was getting into the 2011 I’d ask two questions. 

What caliber do you want to shoot?

Do you want a metal grip?

If 9mm and no metal grip, then get a staccato P. You’ll be good to go. Don’t buy an XL. Really. 

6 hours ago, geraldskip said:

I’ve played with the C2, XL, P, and XC. Also Akai’s, Atlas’s, and a Honcho. Plus most of the old DVC’s (L, 3G, and Tactical).

The P is fine. Put the light spring in it and it’ll shoot surprisingly similar to the rest. 

I would never tell anyone to but the XL or the XC. Just not worth it. I shot a field course with the XC and a my C2 and the time and scoring was practically the same. 

honestly if I was getting into the 2011 I’d ask two questions. 

What caliber do you want to shoot?

Do you want a metal grip?

If 9mm and no metal grip, then get a staccato P. You’ll be good to go. Don’t buy an XL. Really. 

The ONLY reason to buy the XL over the P is if you want 40 for Limited major.  

4 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

The ONLY reason to buy the XL over the P is if you want 40 for Limited major.  

Yeah but if you want to shoot lim

major, there are much better guns available for $3400. 

That’s why I don’t get the XL. At all.

The DVC line did well cause you could get them for $2300-2500. 

Once you breach $3000, you get into custom gun territory.