Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Race Holster wear

lroy

I've been using an Everglades MRH for about a year. Getting a fear bit of wear on the triggerguard where it locks in the holster

Probably a dumb question, but it's my first race holster. Is this a common occurrence with every brand?

20 hours ago, lroy said:

I've been using an Everglades MRH for about a year. Getting a fear bit of wear on the triggerguard where it locks in the holster

Probably a dumb question, but it's my first race holster. Is this a common occurrence with every brand?

Knows many club members who have been using the same holster since 1992. They replaced a lot of pistols of the same type and there is no wear on their holsters. i use same type from 1992 without any maintenance  it's still like a new.😉

On 11/14/2020 at 1:55 PM, yigal said:

Knows many club members who have been using the same holster since 1992. They replaced a lot of pistols of the same type and there is no wear on their holsters. i use same type from 1992 without any maintenance  it's still like a new.😉

Interesting. You'd expect both to wear similarly, no? Wonder why the holster coating endures better.

3 hours ago, lroy said:

Interesting. You'd expect both to wear similarly, no? Wonder why the holster coating endures better.

I think there is a difference between hasn't worn out and no wear, I would be willing to bet that Yigal is more talking hasn't worn out.

Guns wear through coatings at points of contact, race holsters and guns with expensive coatings are not exempt, conditions also make a difference in speed of wear, if you shoot somewhere with lots of fine dust like some of the desert west then you will sand through coatings faster than places with no dust, some coatings are harder to wear through than others but they still wear.  

16 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

I think there is a difference between hasn't worn out and no wear, I would be willing to bet that Yigal is more talking hasn't worn out.

Guns wear through coatings at points of contact, race holsters and guns with expensive coatings are not exempt, conditions also make a difference in speed of wear, if you shoot somewhere with lots of fine dust like some of the desert west then you will sand through coatings faster than places with no dust, some coatings are harder to wear through than others but they still wear.  

Where I train there are no trees and no grass just a lot of sand and the trigger guard of my CZ TSO with no signs of wear for last 4 years.

i clean and wipe  only the gun after practice. gun still looks like unused from the shop.😉

Edited by yigal

9 minutes ago, yigal said:

Where I train there are no trees and no grass just a lot of sand and the trigger guard of my CZ TSO with no signs of wear for last 4 years.

i clean and wipe  only the gun after practice. gun still looks like unused from the shop.😉

I was referring to the coment about 1990s race holsters showing now wear, there is 100% wear on them, likely not worn out but if you look for the wear its there

On 11/14/2020 at 10:55 AM, yigal said:

1 hour ago, yigal said:

What holster are you using?