Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Happy Veterans Day

ChuckS

Shout-out to my brother Hugh for his 6 years in the US Navy.

*First time he was home on leave our mother asked what he was doing for the Navy. "I assemble, arm and mount nuclear bombs onto planes." She freaked! Wailed, cried, screamed and threatened to call her congress-critters if he didn't get a 'safer' job (yeah - lots of those on aircraft carriers)! 

Next time he was home she asked what he was doing for the Navy. He simply replied, "I'm an Aviation Ordnanceman."

She was so relieved.

:roflol:

With all the craziness surrounding this last election, we forget why we had the freedom to vote in the first place. Men and women have served and died to defend our rights. The next time you protest, vote or bitch about politics, remember who gave you that freedom. Remember who died to give you that freedom. Never forget.

To my fellow Veterans: You don't need my thanks. Nor I yours. WE understand what we did and what we sacrificed for our country. This is why a veteran never says to another veteran, "Thank you for your service." Often a knowing nod is all we give or get. BECAUSE we understand.

And when civilians say it to me, I respond, "It was my honor and duty to serve. No thanks necessary." I MEAN that. I know my fellow veterans understand that too.

To my civilian friends: I thank you for your support and appreciation of ALL our Veterans. What we dealt with and went through, you cannot possibly understand, but we did it for YOU. We did it for ALL of us. So when you say it to a Veteran, be sincere, or don't say it. We have come to expect that people don't really appreciate it and we're ok with that. But we LOVE the people who sincerely DO appreciate that we did what they could not.

On 11/11/2020 at 7:18 PM, Dranoel said:
To my fellow Veterans: You don't need my thanks. Nor I yours. WE understand what we did and what we sacrificed for our country. This is why a veteran never says to another veteran, "Thank you for your service." Often a knowing nod is all we give or get. BECAUSE we understand.

And when civilians say it to me, I respond, "It was my honor and duty to serve. No thanks necessary." I MEAN that. I know my fellow veterans understand that too.

To my civilian friends: I thank you for your support and appreciation of ALL our Veterans. What we dealt with and went through, you cannot possibly understand, but we did it for YOU. We did it for ALL of us. So when you say it to a Veteran, be sincere, or don't say it. We have come to expect that people don't really appreciate it and we're ok with that. But we LOVE the people who sincerely DO appreciate that we did what they could not.

Well said.

We have Memorial Day as well, but a reminder that November 11 is Remembrance Day for all of our allies in the British Crown Commonwealth.  A day for them to remember all those who paid the highest price for freedom, and I do so as well.

LT Paul Alfred Ambrogi, USN

26 July 1966 - 23 July 1993

Rest in peace, my friend....

Paul.thumb.jpg.6a0f1bac3c9f71ec882f868be3ce2692.jpg