Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 2.0 Pro-Series Trigger Parts

Richie

I have a new 5" M&P9 2.0 CORE Pro Series and I can tell you the OEM trigger was nothing special.  Better than my older regular M&9 2.0?  Yes, but not much.

However installing Apex's DCAEK parts (sear, sear spring, striker block and striker block spring) absolutely transformed it and the improvement is amazing.  Frankly, if you were looking for Pro Series parts to upgrade a non-Pro Series M&P, I recommend you skip them and go right to the Apex parts.

• 4 months later...
On 11/10/2020 at 4:36 PM, SteelCityShooter said:

I have a new 5" M&P9 2.0 CORE Pro Series and I can tell you the OEM trigger was nothing special.  Better than my older regular M&9 2.0?  Yes, but not much.

However installing Apex's DCAEK parts (sear, sear spring, striker block and striker block spring) absolutely transformed it and the improvement is amazing.  Frankly, if you were looking for Pro Series parts to upgrade a non-Pro Series M&P, I recommend you skip them and go right to the Apex parts.

Can you give some details of the improvement after the aftermarket parts install?

I have a 2.0 CORE Pro Series 9, and the trigger is like 2.2lbs, nice short, but tactile reset, and an overtravel screw to get rid of the overtravel.

Only complaint (and it's not really a complaint, just something I noticed) was there's a lot of pretravel, which is only an issue on the first shot, if at all.

I've had a few original M&P Pro guns, and their triggers were horrible, and much improved by the addition of Apex parts. I'd like to know what would my improvement be on the 2.0...

Thanks.

Bob

Apex?  Absolutely.

I put an Apex trigger kit in my 2.0 5" FDE 9MM and it is awesome.  Better than some of my hammer fired CZs for crispness and better than all of them for reset.

Impressed me enough that when I ordered my 2.0 .45 I ordered the Apex trigger kit before I ever even got shipping confirmation on the .45.

The Apex web site has a chart that shows what springs to use (whether all M&P, all Apex or a mix of both) to get a trigger pull weight in the range you're looking for.  My 9MM started out at 3.0 lbs. and over use/time it's dropped to almost 2&3/4 lbs.

On 3/12/2021 at 2:46 PM, Aggie said:

Anyone know if the apex flatty kit will set off small rifle primers?

I have the apex kit in my M&P and all I use is small rifle primers and haven't had a problem yet

On 3/16/2021 at 8:35 PM, robertg5322 said:

Can you give some details of the improvement after the aftermarket parts install?

I have a 2.0 CORE Pro Series 9, and the trigger is like 2.2lbs, nice short, but tactile reset, and an overtravel screw to get rid of the overtravel.

Only complaint (and it's not really a complaint, just something I noticed) was there's a lot of pretravel, which is only an issue on the first shot, if at all.

I've had a few original M&P Pro guns, and their triggers were horrible, and much improved by the addition of Apex parts. I'd like to know what would my improvement be on the 2.0...

Thanks.

Bob

If your trigger was that good out of the box, the Apex kit probably isn't going to make much difference.  My as-received trigger pull was 5-1/2 pounds and with the Apex kit it's now under 3 pounds.  Overtravel can be adjusted out with the factory trigger and pretravel remained the same after the kit so don't expect much change there.

Not saying a better trigger is vital for improved groups.

I bought/installed the Apex trigger as step in trying to get the M&P 2.0 5" 9Mm to shoot like my CZs shoot.  Didn't help.  The trigger is awesome now.  It still won't shoot like my P09 or my P01.  The Apex barrel did help improve the groups, but still not to CZ standards.  Took a chance on another M&P 9MM and group wise it's not much better than the 1.0 I bought 12 years ago (some better, but not enough).

But, the trigger is head/shoulders "better" than the factory 2.0 trigger.