Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Polymer bullets with .357 diameter?

svinson

I just found out through experience and verified through searching around on the net that my CZ likes polymer bullets with .357 diameter. I had been using SNS. They have been shutting down to deal with backlog. I have been wanting to try Blue Bullets. Got some. Not near as accurate in my CZ PCR as the SNS. I searched around and found out CZ often like .357 best. Next is .356. .355 - not so much. Well, I can't find another polymer bullet that is .357. Everything is .356 (ACME, Bayou, BBI). Is there another 9mm polymer bullet that is .357?

2 hours ago, svinson said:

I have been wanting to try Blue Bullets. Got some. Not near as accurate in my CZ PCR as the SNS.

I don't have a PCR or know what your use is but for action pistol I've found the Blue Bullet TC .356 diameter to be plenty accurate in a Shadow 2 and P10F. It may be worth trying a different profile or the .356 diameter if you haven't already.

11 hours ago, BryceA said:

I don't have a PCR or know what your use is but for action pistol I've found the Blue Bullet TC .356 diameter to be plenty accurate in a Shadow 2 and P10F. It may be worth trying a different profile or the .356 diameter if you haven't already.

What I'm seeing on BB's site lists their 9mm as .355, and I know they are not shooting as accurately through my PCR as SNS' .357s do. I wondered if it was the other elements of my load. Based on reading different threads, it does seem others have noticed a difference based on the diameter of the bullet, so I'm going to start there. 

23 hours ago, svinson said:

What I'm seeing on BB's site lists their 9mm as .355

I don't know why they separate them but you can order 9mm projectiles in .356 in their Special Order Profiles section here. All I order is .356 for a slightly different reason: I was having leading issues with all other brands bullets and Blue Bullets seem to have done the trick. I didn't have leading issues with BB .355 projectiles either but decided to just stick with .356 since common wisdom for lead projectiles is that all else equal .356 is a better bet.

5 hours ago, BryceA said:

I don't know why they separate them but you can order 9mm projectiles in .356 in their Special Order Profiles section here. All I order is .356 for a slightly different reason: I was having leading issues with all other brands bullets and Blue Bullets seem to have done the trick. I didn't have leading issues with BB .355 projectiles either but decided to just stick with .356 since common wisdom for lead projectiles is that all else equal .356 is a better bet.

OK. Thanks for that!

Bayou (16 week backlog) will size them whatever you want. I had Dennis size 160 gr Hi-Tek.358 as this was what shot most accurately in my 629 revolver. I've shot this load in my other guns too with no issues and superb accuracy. Just the other day put 10 shots in 1 hole at 10 yds with my new Ed Brown M&P 9mm. They shoot great in my CZ's also. My prefered weight in 9mm is 124 gr as this shoots good in all my 9mm's except the revolver. Most accurate Hi-Tek coated bullets in my 9mm's is Bayou's 120 TCG.