Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Waiting to sign up for matches

With the election issues going on, the way things are going for the house and senate and the presidential election issues is anyone else waiting to sign up forajor matches? I really want to sign up for the Florida Open in 2021 but with it looking like Biden will win amd the Democrats holding a majority in the house of representatives and the senate being a very close margin I fear that the Biden team will use sweeping executive orders to shut down travel, gatherings, ect... Am I the only one thinking this or should I just sign up.

7 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

After the 2020 debacle of matches cancled, refund nonsense, lost airfare money... I'm a bit hesitant. 

Yeah there is a lot to consider for sure.   I know if I really wanted in a Major Match I would still sign up and keep a close eye on things so I could cancel early.

From the Forum Guidelines:

Restricted Content
Politics
Policy and political discussions or debates of any kind - even if you consider your opinions to be "facts" - are not welcome anywhere in the forum.
Specifically including (but not limited to):
• USPSA vs IPSC
• IPSC vs IDPA
• STI vs SVI
• Limited 10 vs Limited Division
• This Division vs That Division
• This Government vs That Government
• Gun Control Issues

This is not a free speech issue. As a privately funded and collectively ran "information exchange," we have found that the emotional nature of political discussions weakens the informative impact of the Forum.

Closed.