Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xtreme Plated 147 grain bullets

RangerTrace

Roze Distributing has been out of stock for several months on my preferred 147 grain JHP bullets.  While Extreme Bullets continues to have 147 grain bullets in stock.  I bought 1500 to give them a try and so far, I'm really impressed.  They are really pretty bullets and super clean.  I had to shorten them a bit to 1.130" and they averaged 925fps with my same 3.5 grains of N320.  

I have loaded XTreme bullets (mainly the 124gr FMJ) for 10 years and their quality has been very consistant....I started with XTreme because they used to offer free shipping but that changed like everything in this world does. I bought until they ran out earlier this year and then when they managed to get re-stocked they went up on their price and their shipping...

I hated to leave them and after everything settles down maybe they will reduce their prices some...I used to by 20k-30k bullets each year from them duing their 10%-20% off sale around Black Friday and they always shipped FAST....That also ended several years back....

Good company and Brenda in their CS division is the BEST.....

3 hours ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

I have loaded XTreme bullets (mainly the 124gr FMJ) for 10 years and their quality has been very consistant....I started with XTreme because they used to offer free shipping but that changed like everything in this world does. I bought until they ran out earlier this year and then when they managed to get re-stocked they went up on their price and their shipping...

I hated to leave them and after everything settles down maybe they will reduce their prices some...I used to by 20k-30k bullets each year from them duing their 10%-20% off sale around Black Friday and they always shipped FAST....That also ended several years back....

Good company and Brenda in their CS division is the BEST.....

That is good to know and I assume raw materials go up in times like this.  They are costing about a dime per bullet, not including shipping.  I can live with that until Roze gets stocked back up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2020 at 11:43 AM, RangerTrace said:

That is good to know and I assume raw materials go up in times like this.  They are costing about a dime per bullet, not including shipping.  I can live with that until Roze gets stocked back up.

I've used a bunch of the .40 stuff from them over the years.  I used to live a few hours from them and we'd make a "Group buy" run every once'n a while. 😉

I did buy a few 9mm 124 RN to help hold me over... oh if you give them an email address you get a code for free shipping. :)