Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi Revolver holster

Lower40

What is a recommended "revolver" holster suitable/legal for the Bianchi Cup?  25 years ago the Safariland 002 and a retain "jump test" were the norm.  Looking at some recent videos it appears the newer holsters (semi-auto anyway) look more like metal rods and plastic. (do they really retain?) 

I have a vintage 002 but since I put on a few pounds 🙂...the revolver sits close to my body...those newer contraptions appear to position the handgun out from the waist line....more desirable. 

If you have a source for a right hand, S&W K Frame, 6" barrel holster please advise.

Thanks

As far as I know, there is no holster test any longer. Not in the time I've been shooting, anyway.

The Hogue Powerspeed is a semi-auto holster with excellent retention, but we make a revolver adapter for it. The Hogue has a half-lock and a full-lock position. The half-lock is ideal for when you're on the line, ready to shoot, because you push it down with your thumb when you're drawing. It's pretty automatic.

I've tested an unloaded revolver in the Hogue with our adapter, upside-down (over a bed, just in case 🙂) and have shaken it hard. I've never had a revolver come loose from it.

Our adapter will work for any revolver from a barrel length of 4" to 8 3/8", and for any caliber, including .22.

Here's a link to our post about it, and a link to our website products page. The holster modification kit is at the bottom of the page.

I highly recommend Warrens addition to the Hogue holster. once a firearm is locked in a hogue the only way to get it out is to unlock it.  best on the market.

Both  Syd and Louis use hogue holsters

dcs

7 hours ago, Protocall Design said:

As far as I know, there is no holster test any longer. Not in the time I've been shooting, anyway.

The Hogue Powerspeed is a semi-auto holster with excellent retention, but we make a revolver adapter for it. The Hogue has a half-lock and a full-lock position. The half-lock is ideal for when you're on the line, ready to shoot, because you push it down with your thumb when you're drawing. It's pretty automatic.

I've tested an unloaded revolver in the Hogue with our adapter, upside-down (over a bed, just in case 🙂) and have shaken it hard. I've never had a revolver come loose from it.

Our adapter will work for any revolver from a barrel length of 4" to 8 3/8", and for any caliber, including .22.

Here's a link to our post about it, and a link to our website products page. The holster modification kit is at the bottom of the page.

Thanks Warren...looks you you have your hands into everything!  Great  Products!  Let me dwell on it...that new holster technology looks a bit  intimidating to me 🙂

Edited by Lower40

For several years I used the 002 and yes it does sit close to the body, so I removed the belt part and put in a spacer to set the gun and holster body further away from the belt and body, worked great and I used a block of wood and some longer screws from the hardware store, cost about 5.00 to alter.

34 minutes ago, Lower40 said:

Thanks Warren...looks you you have your hands into everything!  Great  Products!  Let me dwell on it...that new holster technology looks a bit  intimidating to me 🙂

It's actually Tracy who posts under this name. 😃 Warren's Toolguy, but thanks!

It's not all that bad. We give instructions for modifying the Hogue holster, and it's a really secure holster. The only thing you have to remember on the line is half-lock, not full lock. Although if you do fully lock it, it's just a bit harder to push down on the lock to release your revolver.

27 minutes ago, Greg in VA said:

For several years I used the 002 and yes it does sit close to the body, so I removed the belt part and put in a spacer to set the gun and holster body further away from the belt and body, worked great and I used a block of wood and some longer screws from the hardware store, cost about 5.00 to alter.

Was just looking at the holster....and thought about adding another belt loop inside to configure the holster as you describe.  The holster worked as is 25 years ago....maybe more practice (and less potato chips)

Edited by Lower40

3 minutes ago, Protocall Design said:

It's actually Tracy who posts under this name. 😃 Warren's Toolguy, but thanks!

It's not all that bad. We give instructions for modifying the Hogue holster, and it's a really secure holster. The only thing you have to remember on the line is half-lock, not full lock. Although if you do fully lock it, it's just a bit harder to push down on the lock to release your revolver.

Whoops!  Thanks for the info..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks..I recently bought a Safariland Cup Challenge 002, then bought their  "auto pistol"  holster offset mount & screw set and made my own offset wedge (aluminum) used the longer screws in the set.  Did a little heat shaping and other mods... the holster now holds and releases 100%...very happy with it.