Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which 125gr Blue Bullet for PCC, RN or TC?

2 hours ago, Arakisk said:

Hello. I recently received some Blue 125 rn and tc. Tc has a rounded type nose.  Both feed well with an ATI pcc ( feed ramp integral with barrel). Accuracy is still being tested. I ordered the .356 dia. Getting various accuracy results in different firearms usually consistently accurate with other coated and jacketed projectiles tested.

Round nose is all I've ever shot out of my PCCs. When I started shooting PCC I researched loads and I found several people having feed issues with flat nose. So I started with RN and have never had a reason to shoot anything else in them. 

Having tried every profile in my Leadstar Prime PCC I've found that bullet profiles with a wide meplat do not feed well, or at all.  Rounded nose JHPs work fine, but not the ones with a wide mouth used for self defense loads.  So I just go with all plated RNs now.  They feed 100%.  So do RN coated, but I don't want to lead up the comp.  

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Blue bullets will eventually led up your comp if you run one. If you don’t mind getting out the dremel to grind the cement-like layer out of it, they’re a good price.

isn’t that prettt much the same for any of the coated Bullets?

• 2 weeks later...