Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TSO 9mm mag setups, and does anyone have a mag tuning guide?

Arakisk

Looking to see what people are using for their 9mm TSO mags. I'm thinking about trying a CZC basepad with Grams follower/spring, although the Grams setup apparently calls for tuning? Does anyone have a mag tuning guide for TSO mags specifically? What is involved?

When I had my TS I used CZC basepads and the factory followers and springs and was able to get 23 rounds in them.

I’d stay away from the springer basepads, the small set screw is a pain and it’s easy to strip (ask me how I know) and it’s more difficult to take apart if needed for cleaning.

CZC basepads with grams followers/springs are a proven combo. At least with 140mm mags. The 170s sometimes require some ‘work’

This is one of the ‘advantages’ of the CZ platform over the 2011 one. Although, I’m one of the lucky ones I guess, as my 2011 mags run as well (flawless) as my CZs. 

6 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

CZC basepads with grams followers/springs are a proven combo. At least with 140mm mags. The 170s sometimes require some ‘work’

This is one of the ‘advantages’ of the CZ platform over the 2011 one. Although, I’m one of the lucky ones I guess, as my 2011 mags run as well (flawless) as my CZs. 

I concur when I switched to the grams springs and followers problems dropped to zero. I had some issues with czc spring and follower.

140s should not need tuning. I also get 23 rounds in my 9mm mags with OEM followers and Springer basepads, very reloadable. With the CZC followers I can get 24 but it is not reloadable and I will start a stage with a 170mm mag if I feel 23+1 is cutting it close.