Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Camera system for RL1100 to check for primer on case

I just bought this endoscope camera and mounted it to my RL1100. It’s mounted underneath the powder measure to make sure cases have primers in them before dropping powder preventing a mess.

Heres the endoscope I used. It was $55 before.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=camera+for+drain+inspection&crid=1YH9W9MJY307X&sprefix=Camera+for+dra%2Caps%2C168&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-apa-p_1_14

Here are some pictures on how it’s was mounted.

A0-E91120-2827-427-B-A778-0616-E07932-C3

Without a primer:

04945-D91-C2-A0-43-BB-8-A82-D865-AA43865

with a primed case.

34214591-F305-4-FBC-A9-EA-F656743-CA727.

Just loaded 400 rounds and it worked flawlessly. Let me know what you guys think.

Yes and no. In the 1100 and 1050 you prime when the handle is down and you don’t get the extra push/feedback that a primer is inserted. Therefore its reassuring to be able to see if the primer went in. Also if there is a problem with feeding primers you can see this quickly without dropping powder in cases with no primers and making a mess. Ask me how I know. 😌

I use a back up camera to make sure I have powder in my cases.... works well and no mess from checker probes flicking powder all over the place. I guess you could do the same to make sure you have a primer.

19 minutes ago, Chapo said:

Yes and no. In the 1100 and 1050 you prime when the handle is down and you don’t get the extra push/feedback that a primer is inserted. Therefore its reassuring to be able to see if the primer went in. Also if there is a problem with feeding primers you can see this quickly without dropping powder in cases with no primers and making a mess. Ask me how I know. 😌

This. It has happened to me a few times before. I just got tired of cleaning up the mess. With this, I can see if a primer really was in the primer pocket before powder is added  the number cases.

1 minute ago, eboadway said:

I have never had an unprimed case, but do recommend an endoscope to check for a good powder charge (I have a bullet feeder).

I used the same endoscope to check for powder originally. I only repositioned it to check for primers. If you click on the Amazon link I posted, you’ll find other brands, sizes and pixel ratings that might suit your needs. 

9 hours ago, eboadway said:

I have never had an unprimed case, but do recommend an endoscope to check for a good powder charge (I have a bullet feeder).

Same here!

IMO, if the 1050/1100 primer system is CLEAN and ADJUSTED CORRECTLY, having an unprimed case that's directly related to the primer assembly will not happen.

For those running automated machines, I can't remember hearing of one using any device to verify primers are inserted..............

🤔

• 1 year later...