Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Attaching a light\laser rail to my Witness .45

My Large Frame Witness .45 ACP is a great gun - but mine doesn't have a rail - will my Witness Large Frame .45 ACP be able to accommodate an accessory rail, for which the manufacturer states "Designed to fit the contour of the CZ 97B Frame ONLY. (https://czcustom.com/czc-97b-picatinny-accessory-rail.html)".  I want to put a light\laser on the gun, and I don't want to have to buy a new Witness .45 that already has a rail.  How close is the Witness .45 Large Frame to a CZ 97 B?  Thanks !

Not sure that the Large Frame Witness is an exact clone of the CZ, so there's no guarantee that it will fit.

Maybe look for a local shooting range that has the CZ and rent it for an hour so that you can do some side by side comparison (don't forget to bring your calipers)?

Yeah, looking at pictures of both guns, it looks like the dust cover on the Witness is a lot shorter than the dust cover on the CZ - I may have to hunt for a model of the Witness .45 that has a rail, or a CZ 97B that'll be able to take the rail shown by CZ Custom - LOL, finding anything in the category of "firearm" is gonna be a challenge these days!

• 2 months later...