Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Before Online Scoring?...

Stafford

Interestingly, only 10 out of top 50 on that stage are Production guys, the rest are CO.  And I think 8 or 9 out of those 10 are the super squad dudes. 

Personally, I dont think reloads are as important as the aiming technique and speed of engaging targets for major guns, accepting 2:1 A:C ratios and allowing liberal make ups on difficult steel or hard cover.  For lo-cap divisons like Prod that ratio needs to be closer to 4:1, we can only afford to lose so many points with Cs, especially with lower hit factors... so your aiming zones on open targets are much smaller and as a result you have to shoot in a way that you can guarantee those As.  That and not being able to throw 2 or 3 at a popper without messing up your stage plan results in generally slower shooting.  

Edited by nasty618

55 minutes ago, nasty618 said:

Interestingly, only 10 out of top 50 on that stage are Production guys, the rest are CO.  And I think 8 or 9 out of those 10 are the super squad dudes. 

Personally, I dont think reloads are as important as the aiming technique and speed of engaging targets for major guns, accepting 2:1 A:C ratios and allowing liberal make ups on difficult steel or hard cover.  For lo-cap divisons like Prod that ratio needs to be closer to 4:1, we can only afford to lose so many points with Cs, especially with lower hit factors... so your aiming zones on open targets are much smaller and as a result you have to shoot in a way that you can guarantee those As.  That and not being able to throw 2 or 3 at a popper without messing up your stage plan results in generally slower shooting.  

For regular schmoes I would mostly agree with you,

but if you want to win then, no you can't accept the extra Charlies or extra shots on steel, the only thing you can accept is a slightly larger aim off the A on a partial target and even then shooting low cap minor you are probably better to do the same. Open and Limited winners were closer to 4:1 (24% and 29% non A hits respectively)