Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45 Degree RDS

I’m thinking of running a 45 degree RDS for hard leans, as opposed to switching to off hand shooting. I currently run  Vortex Spitfire 1X as my primary sight. I’m thinking about a Vortex Venom for the off set. What I’m not sure about is what dot size to tun. The options are 2moa or 6 moa. This is mostly for bay stages, inside of 50 yards. 

Any thoughts on this plan?

What size dot do you think would be best? 

5 hours ago, Diver123 said:

Dont waste your money with a gimmick. Practice hard leans, get better, no need for gimmick. Done!

This. I tried it and found doesnt help any in deep-lean barricades. I even found it more cumbersome to use fast. In hpr its used more as transition sights from far/scope to near/45dot targets. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried the laser at the last match..I must be to stupid to run one...had a open target straight ahead on starting..green dot dead center...buzzer goes off, two quick shoots and then I just stand there looking at the holes - wasted couple seconds. Point is for me the dot wondering around on the target is so unusual that it throws me off..I'm sure with pratice I'd get use to it quickly, but combined with the it's useless in bright light, I'm not a fan..putting my red dot back on 45 for hard leans and going from there..

• 4 weeks later...

I had both laser (CMR-206) and 45 offsets. Used the laser 3 times outside in matches and 10 times for indoor  matches use the 45 offsets a lot more. Kept the laser around as it's weight was nothing, up until I changed hand guard profiles and removed the laser for ergonomic reasons.