Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer situation !

I hope I don't get locked out for this!

I'm tired of every time I see a thread about the primer situation, And someone says that the problem is hoarding, Everyone starts about supply and demand, Yes supply and demand have a lot to do with it, Well hoarding also has a lot to do with it too ! when I'm reading the thread, and everyone is saying either supply demand or hoarding is the cause, I cant stand it when no one really wants to blame any of it on hoarding, I see guys that will always go for supply and demand, and say that everyone should have seen this coming and stocked up early, well, A lot of us who reload, don't have time or money to watch all the suppliers on the net ,or spend time going to every LGS within a 50 mile radius then when they find primers they are here or another gun site saying how they scored primers, then in the same breath brag about the 10 or 20k primers they already have in stock, that to me is hoarding!

I understand that many that do shoot a lot of competition do need a good supply on hand for all the matches they shoot, Hell I was one of them. I would shoot 7 matches a yr GSSF! on top of local steel matches , so I would try to keep a good supply of powder ,primers and bullets!

Seems to me that since we are in this situation, people should not try and buy up every primer they see, look at GB, who in the hell wants to pay 150 or more for a thousand primers.

since this crap began, I go to my local, academy, sportsman's warehouse or PSA I see the lines of people buying up guns as fast as they can, ammo the same, and the new reloaders I'm seeing is unreal. SO yes the demand is just getting higher. and the virus hasn't helped anything!

Everyone can tell me I'm bitching because I can buy primers, well everyone that tells me that can kiss my A$$!! Ands so everyone knows ,YES I am out of small pistol primers, Don't no when I will be getting some, But I do have a good supply of LP and SR. So if i really need 9mm I will use SRP!

I don't shoot matches like I did before I got married, So I'm happy just putting some rounds down range, Hell If it comes down to it, I have plenty to shoot my Cap and ball revolver for awhile. 

So don't tell me hoarding has nothing to do with it ,when it does !!!

PS If you are sitting on 20k primers I'm happy for you

Now if you want to come back tell me I'm just bitchin because I cant get SPP then have at it, Because I really don't give a rats a$$ !!!

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

So if I understand, you are unhappy because you got married and shoot less. 😂

And FYI, no self respecting competition shooter would let his primer supply drop to 20k.😉

Sarge, No I am not unhappy I got married, I wouldn't change a thing, But I do get tired of reading these threads , And I almost always see someone bragging how he found primers to put on top of the thousands he already has ! Of course I know that all competitors keep well stocked on primers ,But in times like this, if you score a couple thousand primers, you don't have to get on here and brag. If you find them good for you !

Like I said in my OP , If you or anyone else thinks IM just bitching because I don't have any SPP then everyone can kiss my ass!!!

Not everyone can sit and check the net everyday, or travel to every LGS everyday!

3 hours ago, ghost21 said:

I'm tired of every time I see a thread about the primer situation, And someone says that the problem is hoarding, Everyone starts about supply and demand, Yes supply and demand have a lot to do with it, Well hoarding also has a lot to do with it too ! when I'm reading the thread, and everyone is saying either supply demand or hoarding is the cause, I cant stand it when no one really wants to blame any of it on hoarding, I see guys that will always go for supply and demand, and say that everyone should have seen this coming and stocked up early, well, A lot of us who reload, don't have time or money to watch all the suppliers on the net ,or spend time going to every LGS within a 50 mile radius then when they find primers they are here or another gun site saying how they scored primers, then in the same breath brag about the 10 or 20k primers they already have in stock, that to me is hoarding!

I understand that many that do shoot a lot of competition do need a good supply on hand for all the matches they shoot, Hell I was one of them. I would shoot 7 matches a yr GSSF! on top of local steel matches , so I would try to keep a good supply of powder ,primers and bullets!

Seems to me that since we are in this situation, people should not try and buy up every primer they see, look at GB, who in the hell wants to pay 150 or more for a thousand primers.

since this crap began, I go to my local, academy, sportsman's warehouse or PSA I see the lines of people buying up guns as fast as they can, ammo the same, and the new reloaders I'm seeing is unreal. SO yes the demand is just getting higher. and the virus hasn't helped anything!

Everyone can tell me I'm bitching because I can buy primers, well everyone that tells me that can kiss my A$$!! Ands so everyone knows ,YES I am out of small pistol primers, Don't know when I will be getting some, But I do have a good supply of LP and SR. So if i really need 9mm I will use SRP!

I don't shoot matches like I did before I got married, So I'm happy just putting some rounds down range, Hell If it comes down to it, I have plenty to shoot my Cap and ball revolver for awhile. 

Now if you want to come back tell me I'm just bitchin because I cant get SPP then have at it, Because I really don't give a rats a$$ !!!

FIFY LOL.  

I got like 500 SPPs and 3500 LPPs, I am  being selective in what I shoot. If i run out before I get more, I will just shoot archery.  Probably won't have an internet breakdown though.....

5 hours ago, ghost21 said:

Everyone can tell me I'm bitching because I can buy primers, well everyone that tells me that can kiss my A$$!! Ands so everyone knows ,YES I am out of small pistol primers, Don't no when I will be getting some, But I do have a good supply of LP and SR. So if i really need 9mm I will use SRP!

You should have had the foresight to be buying more components than you used every month of the last four years when the getting was good.

If you did, you wouldn't be here looking like a complete tool ranting on those who were smart enough to plan ahead.

You probably whine about your neighbor with the whole house generator when your power goes out.

Go be poor somewhere else.