Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adjustable Sight Set Recommendations

nhglyn

Just got a Glock 17 ( I have had numerous Glocks before) and I would like to get an adjustable sight set for it.  I like a plain serrated black rear and a red fiber optic front.  Can anyone recommend a set that fits those criteria?  Gen 5.  Front sight is not in a dovetail, it has that heaxagon shaped "pin?" inside the slide.

Edited by nhglyn

26 minutes ago, nhglyn said:

Just got a Glock 17 ( I have had numerous Glocks before) and I would like to get an adjustable sight set for it.  I like a plain serrated black rear and a red fiber optic front.  Can anyone recommend a set that fits those criteria?  Gen 5.  Front sight is not in a dovetail, it has that heaxagon shaped "pin?" inside the slide.

There's really only one, and that's Dawson Precision if you feel you must have adjustable sights.  But, really, forget about adjustable sights and just get fixed sights.  There are many to choose from, I like Sevigny, but Dawson and  a few others make good ones.  Choose the rear you prefer, keeping in mind the width of the rear notch.  Then go with a Dawson fiber optic front sight.  They have a lot of good info on their website to help you choose the correct height, and will even let you exchange it for the right height to get you zero'd.  Once that's done you will be good to go and never have to worry about your adjustable sight breaking or changing.

I think most people start out thinking they want adjustable sights on their Glock (I did too).  Now, I only go with fixed sights on my G17, 34, 17L, it doesn't matter.  Fixed sights never let you down.

13 hours ago, nhglyn said:

All set, mods please delete post.  Thanks for the help.

before deleting anything, we would like to know what you decided, and then, in 6 months, how you feel about the decision you made and if you are still using them or changed your mind and went in a different direction. After all, this is a learning process and someone else will come along with the same question as you, and may benefit from this post. 

The Dawson adjustable sights are nice. Have several thousands of rounds on them with no issues. They are much easier to change if your load changes and point of impact shifts as a result, versus trying to drift a sight. Worth it in my opinion.

16 hours ago, Tnbb33 said:

The Dawson adjustable sights are nice. Have several thousands of rounds on them with no issues. They are much easier to change if your load changes and point of impact shifts as a result, versus trying to drift a sight. Worth it in my opinion.

drift a sight?

who does that?  Adjustables are pretty much for elevation. 

As I read here probably more than 10 years ago, put your rear sight smack dab in the middle, and if your windage is off, you should work to correct whatever it is you are doing wrong. 

oops, I forgot to add:

;)

Edited by Cuz