Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Paid off and then sold a full living qtrs horse trailer... Title and $6 interest refund check mailed on the 19th,  check showed up, title is gone,,,,  DMV's are closed and wont answer the phone, have to make an apointment and mine is the end of January... Obviously the buyer is a bit upset.

They left a new credit card, a box of bullets, and new battery for my thermal along with my normal mail on my front step as my 1 yr old Lab was licking them (I can only guess) and what do you think a Lab does most, it chews on things:(

• 4 weeks later...
  • New contacts for my younger daughter in the mail.  Reached my city on Monday, 11/23.  As of 11/28, they still had not gotten to my mailbox.  My experiences with USPS the last 3-4 years have steadily gone down hill. 

Hello, I hate when they say a package was delivered and it has not been delivered to your address. Happened today for a part I was waiting for that was shipped 3 day last Monday. I don't know where it is. Although they will send you 6 requests for absentee ballets? Thanks, Eric

8 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello, I hate when they say a package was delivered and it has not been delivered to your address. Happened today for a part I was waiting for that was shipped 3 day last Monday. I don't know where it is. Although they will send you 6 requests for absentee ballets? Thanks, Eric

Same for us....but 2 days in a row. Saturdays was on my neighbors porch and I have no idea where today's is...........

Last week I had a package left at the garage door. I checked the name and address and it was not even the correct address. I did a search for the address and it was in the next subdivision. Being the guy my parents raised me as, I delivered it to them and told them it was delivered to me in the next subdivision and they should tell their postal carrier about it since they may not be the ones that deliver packages. Your postal person may not be the one delivering packages, they may just deliver your mail so let them know. Thanks, Eric

Brother-in-law just started working at the local USPS office. Had one day of training and his trainer didn't show up on day 2. Supervisor said just load the truck and do the route. No clue how to load a truck yet let alone remember the route perfectly.

He started work at 7am and when other drivers returned from their morning routes after lunch they helped him load a truck by 4pm. He finally got the route done by 9pm. Showed up the next morning at 7am for day 3 though!

Sounds like a ton of turnover and poor supervision and training is starting to pile up. 

Interesting he got a $4/hr raise before he even started. Think he's up to $20/hr now.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I have 7 packages somewhere in the system. 3 are from November and appear to be stuck in sorting facilities. One is a case of Montana Gold 9mm bullets. Sucks when Amazon packages sail through in a couple of days but Priority Mail gets no priority.

23 minutes ago, mscott said:

I think I have 7 packages somewhere in the system. 3 are from November and appear to be stuck in sorting facilities. One is a case of Montana Gold 9mm bullets. Sucks when Amazon packages sail through in a couple of days but Priority Mail gets no priority.

I have also noticed my amazon prime stuff gets here pretty quick, maybe not two days but close. But priority mail takes weeks. I've noticed some vendors have stopped offering USPS shipping.

We are on Amazon Prime and they are very prompt.

USPS is a total joke here in Detroit.  Packages have been tracked (when an actual number was provided) into the Detroit distribution center on 12/1/20 and finally delivered on 12/12/20.  Made the scenic journey through two other post offices before being crammed into the mailbox.

BC

Privatize!  If you're going to have "tracking" then get it right.  Don't tell me my very small package will arrive by 9pm Thursday when it just got to Las Vegas in the early am hour.  And, guess what, it's now in Denver CO which is in the wrong direction from Boise.  You'd think I would at least get a delivery update immediately that says either a)going to show up on XXX or b) we don't have any idea when it's going to show up.  But I take what comfort I can from the following:

"Your item arrived at our USPS facility in DENVER CO NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on December 17, 2020 at 3:22 pm.
    The item is currently in transit to the destination."

• 2 weeks later...

At this point if the shipper isnt willing to send fedex I generally wont buy from them any longer. UPS by me wont let anyone but me pick up a package at the pick up place and I cant get there while they are open. Their hrs are wed-fri are 12pm to 9pm. I work at 2pm and get off at 1230am. USPS takes over a month to deliver anything to me. 

• ChuckS locked this topic