Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 5.25 crack on the breach face?

ts199982

This 9mm 5.25 gun has around 25K-30K rounds through it, have not shot it the past few years. When we put it away we noticed a small crack on the breach face, same time we switched over to a 40 S&W 5.25. Kind of forgot about it and now guessing I will call Springfield and get an RMA for them to take a look at it. Any else seen this on high round count XD or XDMs?

xdm.jpg

Yeah Joe, it was a 3-4 year run shooting USPSA Limited Minor, he made A class with it, then I moved him (son) up to Limited Major with a 5.25 in 40, then a move to the STI plaform, where he is today. I will have to look at the guide rod, it might be the only part we replaced, SA Custom shop did the trigger job. I like you see a new slide coming, calling them next week.

Edited by ts199982

20 hours ago, Joe4d said:

30k for a plastic fantastic,, it had a good run.. I imagine SA will fix you up with another slide though... Id strip any after market parts before sending it back though

30k isn't even broken in yet, 30k is a season of shooting. 100k is a walk in the park for XD/m's.

Rich

5 hours ago, RIIID said:

30k isn't even broken in yet, 30k is a season of shooting. 100k is a walk in the park for XD/m's.

Rich

^^^^ THIS! :)   I've got 18-20k per year for 4 or 5 years on my first XDm 5.25 (along with about 1k hours of dryfire) and probably close to 15k on my 2nd XDm 5.25 (both in 40).  

23 hours ago, RIIID said:

Rich

Rich, you ever seen a crack like this before? Got a RMA yesterday, sending it in, expect to get a new slide back.

• 3 weeks later...