Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2020 SP-01 Slide Milling

phidelt208

I am looking for someone to mill a slide on a SP01 for an SRO. Also someone who can nitride code it when the milling is done. I called a couple shops recently and got no replies do you guys know anybody that does the nitride coating and has decent service?

Primary Machine's nitride coating came out really nice on a SP-01 slide I had milled.  They also precisely size the cut-out in the slide to the dimensions of your RDS (you have to send the optic you want mounted with the slide so they can measure the exact length) which is supposed to help with dot longevity if you don't have any recoil bosses on the mounting surface.  Only downside is that turn-around time on the nitride is kinda slow (6 weeks or so) since they use an external vendor.

If you aren't too attached to nitride, I also picked up a SP-01 Shadow with the RDS plate cut from CZ Custom.  The only do bluing and parkerizing, but being able to swap out a $35 plate to change optics is convenient.  Since you will have to use an adapter plate to mount a SRO to a SP-01 anyway due to the width of the optic, this might be a good option if you think there's a chance you might want to switch to a different dot someday.