Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock inc back to making 1st Gen 17's

dirty whiteboy

2 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

I'm not sure what exactly the EPA objected to.

Hell, I'm not either. 

The best stories I heard said it was deemed too dangerous, especially in a major suburb of a major city like Atlanta. As in, the potential for a chemical exposure event. I can only guess that one of the chemicals, or some combination thereof was of a concern to them (unfounded, or not).

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2020 at 8:11 AM, dirty whiteboy said:

Academy had one on the shelf, $599, still not ready to jump

That's where I got mine.  Probably paid too much, but I was a Glock LE Armorer for 25 years...Had to defend my life with one...So I have a bit of a soft spot for them. ;)

Edited by Chutist

On 12/12/2020 at 8:16 AM, Chutist said:

That's where I got mine.  Probably paid too much, but I was a Glock LE Armorer for 25 years...Had to defend my life with one...So I have a bit of a soft spot for them. ;)

Glad you got one then.... They even reproduced the tuppeware box, that is neat. I was thinking I read something about the original tupperware box had a flaw, maybe the piece that sit in front of the trigger, was causing discharges? Not for sure, but thinking they redesigned the packaging because of that?

The post that came up through the trigger guard wasn't a defective design element, but the occasional stupid person would try to box their gun while loaded. In an effort to protect those dummies from themselves, and to reduce the likelihood for frivolous lawsuits resulting from other people's bad decisions, the post was removed. And a lot of people had trouble getting the lid to snap back in place so the hinged covered was brought into play. 

I actually like the new boxes better.

On 12/22/2020 at 2:07 PM, ima45dv8 said:

The post that came up through the trigger guard wasn't a defective design element, but the occasional stupid person would try to box their gun while loaded. In an effort to protect those dummies from themselves, and to reduce the likelihood for frivolous lawsuits resulting from other people's bad decisions, the post was removed. And a lot of people had trouble getting the lid to snap back in place so the hinged covered was brought into play. 

I actually like the new boxes better.

All true.... :)

And I like the new boxes better too. 😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 4:52 PM, ts199982 said:

I have a few Gen 1 model 17s, with the tupperware box, just kind of like them. Also have a first Gen 19, which is really a second Gen. Something about the old Glocks I like the look and feel, I am going to have to keep an eye out at the LGS now.

Glock did make a few Gen 1 model 19s.They are apparently the Holy Grail for Glock collectors.