Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taming Lok Bogies

BryceA

I'm putting together my first Shadow 2 and got some Lok Bogies with palm swell. They look great and feel excellent with the exception of the tip of my middle finger which wraps around and gets a fair amount pressure from the support side hand driving it into that very aggressive texture. Does this happen to anybody else, and if so what have you done about it? I'm on the fence between exchanging for some less aggressive grips and lightly taking some sandpaper to the hot spots to tame it a little and maybe even make a bit of a custom molding for my strong hand fingers. Before I ruined it all, figured it best to ask some experts what they've done.

i have a prominent callous on my two strong hand fingers where they wrap around and are smashed into the grip. I took some 600grit sandpaper, wrapped it around something rectangular and just barely smoothed where my fingers hit. Barely barely.

but developing those callouses is what made it tolerable over time.

Thanks for the advice folks. I ended up taking some 150 grit sandpaper to the panels, just a little strip and used my finger for pressure. For those that may read this later: do not use a power tool! The sandpaper made very short work of that g10 material and a dremel would have cut through it like water.

As for the work, I took a fair amount off where my strong hand ring and middle fingers sit, not smooth or anything but probably at least half the pyramid things. Then I took a bit out of the strong side palm swell which felt a little big, and finally took off the very tip tops of the pyramids most everywhere else like what would have probably happened with time anyway. It feels absolutely perfect now, like it was molded to my hand and I couldn't be happier. I have the two color grips and it still looks great, like it came from the factory this way.