Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production base pad suggestions....

mniels

So, I am looking at production basepads for a Shadow 2.  I think I have it narrowed down to the Henning and the Shockbottle pads.  I think I like the idea of the Henning pads not having the lip on the front, but I also like how easy it is to remove the Shockbottle pads (I am a firm believer in keeping magazines clean.)  Of course, it is possible that the Henning pads are just as easy to get off, so I was wondering if anyone had any real world experiences they would like to share.  Or any other suggestions, for that matter.

Now I know at least one person is going to say "just use the stock base plates."  I will save that person some typing. I don't wanna use 'em.  So there.  😝

55 minutes ago, George16 said:

I have both. The hennings are a lot better and also prevents over insertion of the mag. Both are easy to remove for cleaning the mag.

I still have the Hennings but the shock bottles are gone. 

That is great info, thank you!  What makes the Hennings that much better?  Were you having over-insertion issues with the Shockbottles?  I was wondering about that, in the photos I have seen there is a decent amount of space between the bottom of the frame and the base pad...

2 minutes ago, mniels said:

That is great info, thank you!  What makes the Hennings that much better?  Were you having over-insertion issues with the Shockbottles?  I was wondering about that, in the photos I have seen there is a decent amount of space between the bottom of the frame and the base pad...

Yes, I was having over insertion issues with the shockbottles. 

• 4 months later...