Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

is a long " if you are finished" addressed in the rule book?

Sandbagger123

On 10/27/2020 at 5:36 PM, Sandbagger123 said:

just this past weekend i was at , an RO used a long " if you are finished "  when the shooter was done.  he clearly did this to give a hint to the shooter that he had forgot to shoot a target that was behind a barrel in front of him.   i have seen it a few times before in the past ,and thought giving these hints is wrong.

So  I would think of this as coaching.   is this  kind of action addressed in the rule book?

I don't see it as any different than a long, drawn out STAND BYYYYYYY that so many use.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/28/2020 at 5:52 PM, broadside72 said:

And that article directly contradicts itself. It says the rules states "fails to load the chamber when permitted". It does NOT say anything about failing to the load the gun, which is satisfied by simply inserting a loaded magazine into the firearm, chambered round or not.  So I stand by my reading of the actual words in the rulebook. Empty chamber and no loaded mag in gun, then you can't start them on a loaded start. If they insert a mag and don't chamber a round, then start away. 

Sure you can stand on your own interpretation but you will stand alone since NROI says otherwise.

What will you do when you forget to load the gun on a loaded start?  Argue for a re-shoot?  Good luck with that.