Wiseguy724

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Unregistered said:

Just a reminder for anyone that cares (might be very few on here) - sight block guns are NOT legal for IPSC Standard division even if it fits in the box. Sight tracker barrels are good to go. 

it was 2 y. ago.

from  1. 1 .2020 it's legal.  from this reason i own one.😉

Edited by yigal

1 hour ago, yigal said:

it was 2 y. ago.

from  1. 1 .2020 it's legal.  from this reason i own one.😉

I wouldn't risk it. From the IPSC website (Rules -> FAQs)

Standard Division

1.  Standard Division prohibits compensators. If I have an attachment extending forward of the barrel & slide of my gun, but there are no holes in the attachment other the hole in the barrel from which the bullet exits, is this legal?

No. A weight attached to the end of the muzzle is still deemed to be a compensator, even if it does not have holes.

4 hours ago, Unregistered said:

I wouldn't risk it. From the IPSC website (Rules -> FAQs)

Standard Division

1.  Standard Division prohibits compensators. If I have an attachment extending forward of the barrel & slide of my gun, but there are no holes in the attachment other the hole in the barrel from which the bullet exits, is this legal?

No. A weight attached to the end of the muzzle is still deemed to be a compensator, even if it does not have holes.

okt.2. 2019

Our BUL SAS RADICAL 5.4/5.7 was approved for IPSC few weeks ago.

Attached you can find the conclusion of the meeting regarding the RADICAL of what is the reason for the approval.

Please let me know if you need anything else

Best Regards,

Yonel Jerozalski – Sales Manager

A AT Z Technologies Ltd.

that what i found.

7 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

https://atlasgunworks.com/atlas-gunworks-artemis

I would have to think Atlas consulted some officials before they put this pistol out there for IPSC Standard.

3 hours ago, yigal said:

okt.2. 2019

Our BUL SAS RADICAL 5.4/5.7 was approved for IPSC few weeks ago.

Attached you can find the conclusion of the meeting regarding the RADICAL of what is the reason for the approval.

Please let me know if you need anything else

Best Regards,

Yonel Jerozalski – Sales Manager

A AT Z Technologies Ltd.

that what i found.

Do you take the word of a firearms manufacturer, or the word of the organization that guns and governs the sport?

I may be wrong - it's a idiotic rule that needs to be changed - but I personally wouldn't buy or use such a gun at any IPSC match that matters until official announcement is made from IPSC. All official evidence and sources currently point to sight blocked guns being illegal for Standard division.

8 hours ago, Unregistered said:

Excellent news!

Let's hope it gets sorted out and made official soon.

Nothing happened. I understand that news arrives late to small islands, which are far away😉

cz CM has nice version with sight block . but i didn't liked this version of their gun. and its legal  for limited too.

12 hours ago, dansedgli said:

It's been official for ages, they just dont keep on top of the website anymore. 

Hmm, there I do not agree with you completely.
Unless it is revised and added to the rulebook or as a additional clarification to the Rules FAQs page on the official IPSC webpage. It is not official regardless of what people want to think.

Just because someone discusses (general assembly) and has their opinion about it it is not official until the documents (rulebook or clarification in the FAQ) are updated and released officially.

15 hours ago, Ludde said:

Hmm, there I do not agree with you completely.
Unless it is revised and added to the rulebook or as a additional clarification to the Rules FAQs page on the official IPSC webpage. It is not official regardless of what people want to think.

Just because someone discusses (general assembly) and has their opinion about it it is not official until the documents (rulebook or clarification in the FAQ) are updated and released officially.

Ok, so it must be disallowed in the rule book right? Which part is it under? 

9 hours ago, dansedgli said:

Ok, so it must be disallowed in the rule book right? Which part is it under? 

You can find all necessary OFFICIAL information on the IPSC.org website if You want to figure out the current state of rules that apply.

Personally I tried to push this subject in the right direction a while back and the attached document is what I shared with the regional RD and persons on the official IPSC FB page.

The definition of Compensators in the rulebook and how should we interpret it for Standard Division.pdf

One more source of information of the current state of interpretation is also the following:

https://www.ipsc.org/ipsc-rules/rules-faqs/
"

Standard Division
1.  Standard Division prohibits compensators. If I have an attachment extending forward of the barrel & slide of my gun, but there are no holes in the attachment other the hole in the barrel from which the bullet exits, is this legal?

"

It does not really matter if someone has competed with a sight block gun or not in some matches. If that is allowed then there has been a local interpretation made that has gone against the current official rules and their official explanations.

Wish they could officially update this stupid interpretation of the rules.... to what we all deem is common sense.

Then the next official information on the subject is.
No photo description available.
But please note that until the official rulebook or additional clarification is made it is not yet official.

Edited by Ludde

On 1/29/2021 at 8:59 PM, bulm540 said:

IPSC level 3 with a BUL radical 5.4  last year.

If I recall correctly Bull gets around the rule by having the sight block as part of the barrel like a STI true bore comp not screwed on to a barrel like most every other sight block gun

• 1 month later...

Latest OFFICIAL update on this topic:

"

IPSC President Newsletter - March 2021

Spanish version is below. 

Dear Regional Directors,
Dear Athletes,
Dear Range Officers,
Dear Instructors and Trainers,

I would like to share some news from the recent Executive Council meeting:

1)    IPSC ESS was approved by the President to be used as an official scoring program for IPSC competitions.

2)    Terms of Reference of Course Design Committee were presented to the meeting and after minor changes they will be uploaded to the Regional Director protected page in a short while.

3)    It was decided that weights attached to the barrel of a Standard Division handgun that do not extend beyond the muzzle will be permitted.
"

This means that some versions e.g. Atlas Gunworks Nemesis (if you could fit it in the standard box by trimming the beavertail and magwell) would not be allowed because the sight block extends past the end of the barrel.

- 5 inch barrel extended by block to 5,4 inch (Nemesis)

- 4,6 inch barrel extended by block to ~5 inch (Artemis)

AGW Nemesis sightblock:
image.png.020c790ea7daad074fb16eb03d014d37.png

Another example, CZ Czechmate would be allowed because the sightblock sits flush with the end of the barrel.
And all other one piece barrel/sightblock configurations.

Okay, probably not a lot of guys with a Nemesis  / Arthemis going to the World shoot, but still.....

I'm sure a few of the Atlas team will be going, right?  Why the hell... would you make technical rule changes in a World Shoot year????  Nice little present for the guys, having to have their main and backup gun modified. 

I'm no gunsmith, but I'm guessing it's going to result in a new barrel - sightblock combo... 

Why not wait untill after the World Shoot with something like this? It's not like there's any advantage.... The gun still needs to fit the box, so one guy will have a 5,4 inch gun with rifling till the end (in other words, a Bul Radical 5.4) and the other guy will have a 5,4 inch gun without rifling in the sight block ( the Atlas Nemesis) and his is illegal and he has to spend thousands to modify his main and back up gun.  

Nice going, IPSC.....

33 minutes ago, WFargo said:

Okay, probably not a lot of guys with a Nemesis  / Arthemis going to the World shoot, but still.....

I'm sure a few of the Atlas team will be going, right?  Why the hell... would you make technical rule changes in a World Shoot year????  Nice little present for the guys, having to have their main and backup gun modified. 

I'm no gunsmith, but I'm guessing it's going to result in a new barrel - sightblock combo... 

Why not wait untill after the World Shoot with something like this? It's not like there's any advantage.... The gun still needs to fit the box, so one guy will have a 5,4 inch gun with rifling till the end (in other words, a Bul Radical 5.4) and the other guy will have a 5,4 inch gun without rifling in the sight block ( the Atlas Nemesis) and his is illegal and he has to spend thousands to modify his main and back up gun.  

Nice going, IPSC.....

Bear in mind a Nemesis or Artemis with a threaded on sight block has not been approved until now* and that is a fact 

*assuming they extend their barrel to the end of the block they will be approved.

Check the attached documents earlier in this thread if you are unaware of the official ruling that has been in effect a long time.

Edited by Ludde

• 2 weeks later...