Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is a CZ disconnector really a disconnector?

slowhands

Okay, this may be a really dumb question. But my understanding is that a disconnector is typically the part in a trigger group that decouples the trigger from the sear, preventing full-auto or at least hammer follow. But on a CZ, the ridge on the top of the trigger bar itself decouples sear from the trigger after firing. The disconnector just actuates the hammer in DA mode, and is completely unnecessary in a SAO CZ, right? So why is this part called the disconnector?

14 minutes ago, slowhands said:

Okay, this may be a really dumb question. But my understanding is that a disconnector is typically the part in a trigger group that decouples the trigger from the sear, preventing full-auto or at least hammer follow. But on a CZ, the ridge on the top of the trigger bar itself decouples sear from the trigger after firing. The disconnector just actuates the hammer in DA mode, and is completely unnecessary in a SAO CZ, right? So why is this part called the disconnector?

You are absolutely right. In my opinion in the late 70s the Czechs did not know all the right concepts in English when they published the list of parts for their customers abroad and so it remains until now.

part that they call trigger bar is the real disco. and part that everybody call disco u can call it what u want because in all SA cz guns most shooters  don't use it.

Edited by yigal

An interesting question, well answered by yigal.

They also call the Sear Cage an Ejector. While a fixed ejector is part of it, the ejector is boring, while the Sear is interesting. I think Sear Cage is a better name.

For the CZ 75 variant Decockers, they call the internal decocking lever the Decocking Lever and the external decocking lever that you use to decock the pistol, the Hammer Decocking Lever Controller.