Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When is this bullet drought going to end?

Lower40

1 minute ago, RobW said:

Discord channel?

Discord is like this chat app and there is a reloading channel that people post in stock alerts to. So you'll get a notification and then have like 10 seconds to order before it's sold out.

Pretty much bass pro drops primers most night around midnight and Natchez drops around noon cst.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Discord is like this chat app and there is a reloading channel that people post in stock alerts to. So you'll get a notification and then have like 10 seconds to order before it's sold out.

Pretty much bass pro drops primers most night around midnight and Natchez drops around noon cst.

Thanks, when searching on Discord nothing shows up for reloading. Shocker. Does anyone have a link to the channel?

16 minutes ago, Blockader said:

any chance you can send me one too? I am just venturing into how technology can help me keep shooting haha. 

Sent.

Just set up the notifications for what you need. There are people with bots as well so technology is there to help but it's still a lot of luck. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 9:21 AM, HesedTech said:

I have had totally the opposite experience. Here's quick review of the 147/135 FP profile in 9mm:

1.  He's fast with delivery
  2. The weight is normal variance between bullets.
  3. The coating does stay on the bullet (I tested into a trap and examined them)
  4. The lead is softer and the bullets deform slightly more than Precision Bullet, Blues, Acme...
  5. No notable increase in smoke using SP (in fact far less than the ACMES I used to use with TG).
  6. Accuracy was no different than PD, PB, ACME, Blues at 25 yards from TF Stock 2. 
  7. The coating leaves a slight grey slippery residue on my fingers. I suspect he uses graphite in the mix.

Are they worth shooting? Obviously one has to test and find out what works in their particular gun. For me the answer is yes.

Here's a good example of different gun results. I have a Glock 19 Gen 5 and it is the sole gun in my pistol collection which has very poor accuracy with any of the minor PF 147 grain loads I use.  

BTW my favorite coated bullet brand is Precision Bullet. Very well made and the coating better than jacketed. But, like them all place your order and get in line.

Agreed. I just recently tried Precision Delta, Acme and Precision bullets from prize table prizes, but the best accuracy, less smoke and toughest coating was with the j-ames bullets.  Especially in my M&P 40, STI 5" 1911 and Glock 19 and 20.  Real reliable feeding too. That J-ames bullets was the one company I really originally liked, but I won bullets at matches and tried them for shiggles and now I'm back to what I always liked. I just re-ordered from j-ames a week ago, they said they are so swamped with orders, they can only ship 1,500 max per order. well, kind of disappointing, but no problem the shipping is free so I don't care about making multiple orders. 

"For some reason it hates slow rounds (less than 1000 fps) ."

--- ^ That's likely due to the twist rate of your barrel and bullet weight. I had that same problem until I changed out the barrel.

• 2 weeks later...