Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2020 Racegun nationals?....

WFargo

11 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

First I'm not knocking KC by any measure, he is and will continue to be a great shooter who is both faster and more accurate than I will ever be.

But in conversation with a different division world champion, it was stated that stage wins are of zero value to him, he is there to win the match and the way you win matches is by shooting good enough and not messing up any stages bad. 

Basically the math is if I take this risk I can gain 5 match points on my competition but I risk loosing 20 points I'm not doing it unless I'm behind on the last stage and those points could win the match.

Sounds like the same "different division world champion" with the initials B.S. that I heard saying the same thing.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/26/2020 at 11:50 AM, Whoops! said:

But, I can easily beat any of Cha-Lees stage times with a functioning open gun.

I can easily do it with a revolver.

...my score will be zero since I'll just fire one shot, show clear, and reholster, but yeah, I'll beat his stage time.

On 10/26/2020 at 11:50 AM, Whoops! said:

But, I can easily beat any of Cha-Lees stage times with a functioning open gun.

This is fun!  Who else rubbed their hands together and went to practiscore to check if the Zack Cam and Charlie Perez might have shot the same major in the past year?  I wonder if he knows Charlie is also an Open GM...  

25 minutes ago, obsessiveshooter said:

This is fun!  Who else rubbed their hands together and went to practiscore to check if the Zack Cam and Charlie Perez might have shot the same major in the past year?  I wonder if he knows Charlie is also an Open GM...  

Zach certainly didn't at the 2019 A3 match. 

Charlie beat him on time on 10 of the 14 stages.  Of the four stages where Charlie's time was slower, Zach shot a no-shoot on one, and had a mike and a procedural on another, so the additional speed did not help exactly him out there. 

And with Charlies shooting faster times almost completely throughout, Charlie also managed a 93% of the possible points (plus 4 Mikes) compared to Zach's 90% of the possible points (plus 5 Mikes, 2 no-shoots, and 2 procedurals).  Charlie's match overall was 8.74 seconds faster than Zach's match.

(An out of the 14 stages, Zach beat Charlie on exactly four of them.)

So...it would appear that there isn't much data to support Zach's contention that he would "easily beat any of Charlie's stage times with a functioning Open gun."  During at least one major recently, Zach not only did not "easily" beat Charlie's times, he rarely beat those times at all.  And Charlie placed (in combined Open/Limited divisions) 17 places higher than Zach in the match, with almost 120 more match points.

That doesn't automatically mean that Charlie is right about the topic being discussed, and that Zach is wrong.  It is certainly true that Zach's claim seems to be.....far-fetched.  I'll note I'll look forward to seeing the results from the Texas matches next year.  :)

11 hours ago, ampleworks said:

Sailer ran away with it once again but the difference between 2/3/4 was the equivalent of one Mike and a No-Shoot....i.e. stupid close.

and Sailer "ran away with it" by shooting more As, he shot 35 more As than JJ and beat him by 35 points, that may just be a odd coincidence, but it seems for this discussion to be relevant.  

PS I don't think 35 match points or 1.5% is running away with it, that would be JJ 2018 where he didn't need to shoot the last stage 

Edited by MikeBurgess

1 hour ago, Thomas H said:

Zach certainly didn't at the 2019 A3 match. 

Charlie beat him on time on 10 of the 14 stages.  Of the four stages where Charlie's time was slower, Zach shot a no-shoot on one, and had a mike and a procedural on another, so the additional speed did not help exactly him out there. 

And with Charlies shooting faster times almost completely throughout, Charlie also managed a 93% of the possible points (plus 4 Mikes) compared to Zach's 90% of the possible points (plus 5 Mikes, 2 no-shoots, and 2 procedurals).  Charlie's match overall was 8.74 seconds faster than Zach's match.

(An out of the 14 stages, Zach beat Charlie on exactly four of them.)

So...it would appear that there isn't much data to support Zach's contention that he would "easily beat any of Charlie's stage times with a functioning Open gun."  During at least one major recently, Zach not only did not "easily" beat Charlie's times, he rarely beat those times at all.  And Charlie placed (in combined Open/Limited divisions) 17 places higher than Zach in the match, with almost 120 more match points.

That doesn't automatically mean that Charlie is right about the topic being discussed, and that Zach is wrong.  It is certainly true that Zach's claim seems to be.....far-fetched.  I'll note I'll look forward to seeing the results from the Texas matches next year.  :)

I shot Area 3 with a Glock and it was the first USPSA Major I had shot in a while.

This will be fun.

By the way, where was my Nationals invite for winning my class?

Not to mention, I only brought out the disrespect because of the huge oodles of disrespect being brought out.

This will be a lot of fun.

I like two things here -

One, how none of you are mentioning your own performances 

Thomas Howard, care to bring any of those up?  🤣

Two, how you’re conveniently leaving out how much of the Limited Super Squad I just beat at the 2020 Nats - with a mag failure that contributed to my worst stage performance.

What I’m saying is:

Lets talk about Nationals and not be distracted by other aspects, because most of you don’t have any legs to stand on.

Talking about Nationals:

The third day, where KC threw caution to the wind and went for pure speed, is the only thing that put him back in the game and got him 3rd place.

If you weren’t there and you didn’t see it - you don’t know that.

If you look at final scores overall - you don’t know that.

If you were there and you saw it, like I did, you probably have a better idea.

Edited by Whoops!

2 hours ago, Whoops! said:

"By the way, where was my Nationals invite for winning my class?"

I have no idea.  I'm not in charge of that match. What an odd thing to ask.  Also, irrelevant to the topic.

"Not to mention, I only brought out the disrespect because of the huge oodles of disrespect being brought out."

Given that there wasn't any, your actions only tell us about you.  No one has said that KC is a poor shooter--quite the opposite.  If you still feel that way, that isn't anyone else's fault.

"I like two things here -

One, how none of you are mentioning your own performances

Thomas Howard, care to bring any of those up?  🤣"

Why would I?  I'm not the person making the claims.  As such, I have nothing to prove.

My performance has nothing to do with any of the claims you've made.  As such, your attempt to make this about me (or anyone else) is logically faulty at best, and more than likely an attempt to deflect from your own claims.

"Two, how you’re conveniently leaving out how much of the Limited Super Squad I just beat at the 2020 Nats - with a mag failure that contributed to my worst stage performance."

I wouldn't know.  I just looked at a simple single match where you and Charlie both shot.  You made a claim comparing the two of you.  I found a simple recent comparison.  If you don't like the comparison, feel free to come up with a different one.

I didn't "leave out" anything.  Feel free to add more data to attempt to bolster your claim.  It isn't my job to do so for you.

"What I’m saying is:

Lets talk about Nationals and not be distracted by other aspects, because most of you don’t have any legs to stand on."

You made the claim, Zach. It'll be interesting to see you attempt to back it up.  (Hint:  Your claim was  "But, I can easily beat any of Cha-Lees stage times with a functioning open gun."  You now seem to be attempting to argue about other things and deflect away from the part I was responding to with my data about A3.)

"Talking about Nationals:

The third day, where KC threw caution to the wind and went for pure speed, is the only thing that put him back in the game and got him 3rd place. If you weren’t there and you didn’t see it - you don’t know that."

So....he shot past his normal (incredibly high) speed, got lucky with his hits (while shooting faster than he is normally comfortable with, because if your hits are still good that's lucky), and this is support for your contention?  That's your claim here?  I'm not sure that's the support you think it is.

"If you were there and you saw it, like I did, you probably have a better idea."

Or....maybe other people think that something else happened. 

Edited by Thomas H