Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2020 Racegun nationals?....

WFargo

soo... I don't even live in the US, but I was watching the live feed on Facebook from Hunters HD Gold of the super squad during the 2020 Race Gun nationals. 

Mr. Sailer seems to have won it again....  was fun to see. 

But... no one's interested enough to talk about this on this forum? Or have I missed it? 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, WFargo said:

soo... I don't even live in the US, but I was watching the live feed on Facebook from Hunters HD Gold of the super squad during the 2020 Race Gun nationals. 

Mr. Sailer seems to have won it again....  was fun to see. 

But... no one's interested enough to talk about this on this forum? Or have I missed it? 

Christian is really really good. 

Really good. 

2 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Christian is really really good.

I think the overall picture shows very similar trends in every division, not just LTD or Open...  I mean the differences between the top guy and the next two-three guys, then the next 5-10, then the 10-20, then the percentages of the rest of the field...  I look at the aggregate numbers - overall accuracy, penalties, speed, consistency... That's why we go to the Nats, right? To find out where we stack up against the best in the country.  Did I get better in the last year of training?  One might be a murderer locally, taking all the lunch money at club matches... but at the Nationals he is just a puppy, 15-25% below the National champion... I personally find that quite enjoyable - to get a nice swift kick in the ass, get nuts crushed and start coming up with a plan of improvement for next year.  

Just now, nasty618 said:

I think the overall picture shows very similar trends in every division, not just LTD or Open...  I mean the differences between the top guy and the next two-three guys, then the next 5-10, then the 10-20, then the percentages of the rest of the field...  I look at the aggregate numbers - overall accuracy, penalties, speed, consistency... That's why we go to the Nats, right? To find out where we stack up against the best in the country.  Did I get better in the last year of training?  One might be a murderer locally, taking all the lunch money at club matches... but at the Nationals he is just a puppy, 15-25% below the National champion... I personally find that quite enjoyable - to get a nice swift kick in the ass, get nuts crushed and start coming up with a plan of improvement for next year.  

Max pulled away in CO. 

But that guy who got 2nd! 

11 minutes ago, nasty618 said:

I'd congratulate him on a truly amazing performance, from 82% last year to 2nd place this year... but i am afraid the thread will get locked :)

What a difference a year makes. 

Didn't mean to derail this thread. 

Edited by B_RAD

40 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

I'm very impressed with Mason Lane. He won shooting a 320 in .40. 

He also got 2nd in production. 

Another great shooter! 

Also Shane with his Glock so 2 plastic guns on the podium in the "hi cap guns that actually recoil" Nationals

And don't forget Nills  9th place shooting a cheep inexpensive, plastic 9mm

12 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

Also Shane with his Glock so 2 plastic guns on the podium in the "hi cap guns that actually recoil" Nationals

Ha ha. That's funny. 

Nils is a freaking beast. Very impressive!

20 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

Nils.took 4th place shooting minor.  With his plastic gun

I chatted with Nils about his choice of irons and minor.  Basically, if I remember correct (loud music and I was a little buzzed) he simply didn’t have enough time to get his major setup ready for the match.

I theorize that the more long distance targets there are, the greater advantage the lighter guns have.  Thoughts?

59 minutes ago, Whoops! said:

I chatted with Nils about his choice of irons and minor.  

I theorize that the more long distance targets there are, the greater advantage the lighter guns have.  Thoughts?

I would think the opposite. It could be that it just doesn't matter and lots of practice with some skill throwed in is what really makes the difference:-)

I think I understand why you think the opposite.

The reason I am where I am is because it seems like the less nose heavy a gun is, the less it wobbles when being moved quickly (pendulum effect).  On long targets, this might have more of an impact than recoil mitigation.

Mason Lane winning Limited after a 2nd place production finish, and Nils finishing 4th shooting minor is interesting.  Lots of alphas.  Lane was fast of course, and it looks like he weighted accuracy/speed in the limited match similar to the production match.  Makes me consider how I, a nobody, balance accuracy and speed, and whether I am too accepting of Charlies.   I bet Nils would have won it all had he been shooting major.  But as far as I know though, his sponsor Canik doesn't make an tp9SFX in .40.   

6 minutes ago, obsessiveshooter said:

Mason Lane winning Limited after a 2nd place production finish, and Nils finishing 4th shooting minor is interesting.  Lots of alphas.  Lane was fast of course, and it looks like he weighted accuracy/speed in the limited match similar to the production match.  Makes me consider how I, a nobody, balance accuracy and speed, and whether I am too accepting of Charlies.   I bet Nils would have won it all had he been shooting major.  But as far as I know though, his sponsor Canik doesn't make an tp9SFX in .40.   

I get to respond a lot today since I have access to nothing but my phone. 

Nils did the calculation for if he had shot major and it would have put him at approximately 99.98% of the win.

17 minutes ago, obsessiveshooter said:

I think accuracy at speed is really what separates the top guys, they go fast, sure but they also get good hits while doing it. 

Christian shot 95% points JJ 93% KC 92% only 1.5% time spread between the 3 

Mason shot 94% points  Browning 94% Shane 91% Nills 91% just over a second separates 1st,2nd, and 4th Shane was 7 seconds faster than Mason but lost too many points

as you go down the results you start to see bigger gaps between time and hits with shooters obviously being speed or accuracy driven, but at the top its both, 

Edited by MikeBurgess

If anyone thinks that the top shooters in this game don't want to shoot ALL of the points on EVERY stage they are gravely mistaken. At the top of the game all of the top shooters are running nearly identical stage times. The only way they can separate themselves from everyone else is by shooting more points then the next guy. This strategy for winning national titles has been deployed more often than not since this game was started back in the 70's.