Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XL750 purchase question

I am pretty sure I am right on this, but want to check.  If I purchase the .40 option for the 750 (which is available, 9mm is not) I can simply use my own dies.  The .40 setup should already be set up for small primers and the small powder bar.

Am I correct?

1 hour ago, HesedTech said:

Yes, and I believe it is still true you will get both powder bars, for large and small loads. 

The 40 shell plate is different than 9mm, though. 

Check the number on the Dillon site. 

Didn't think about the shell plate.  I would imagine that you can purchase that separately though....

1 hour ago, HesedTech said:

Yes, and I believe it is still true you will get both powder bars, for large and small loads. 

Although I don't see the shell plates on the site...possible I am looking in the wrong place?  Anyone point me in the right direction?

2 hours ago, HesedTech said:

It is a different shell plate, 9mm uses the #5 and .40 uses the #W.  Dillon sells the shell plate for $50.

23 hours ago, HesedTech said:

👌So no one has the caliber conversion kits in stock.  You actually need several components, not just the shell plate.  You can order the parts individually from Dillon but the cost is much higher.  I happen to already have a couple of powder drop expanders, but I added all of the other parts to a cart on the DIllon site and those came out to $113.