Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sight Rib for BHP?

OldFed

Good afternoon, all

First, this is my first time on here, so I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong area.

Does anyone know where to find a sight rib for a Hi Power?  I know BoMar made one, but I haven't been able to even find a used one.  Thanks.

OldFed

This isn't exactly a sight rib, but it's similar and decently cheap: https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1572030A

I'm not sure why you'd want one though. If you're trying to slow the slide down get a new firing pin retaining plate and put a smaller radius on it.

I like HPs, and my first centerfire pistol was one, but they don't have a great reputation for durability. I only have an early Mk II now and it sees little use, though I've never seen a simpler handgun. It's main purpose is to get disassembled to show new shooters how the internals of pistols work.

Edited by belus
changed the word block to plate

Thanks.  Slowing the slide isn't the issue.  Back in the '70s & '80s, I shot a lot of PPC, using a Fred Schmidt converted S&W M10, with a Davis Aristocrat rib.  I'm thinking about picking up some PPC matches, and would like to build up a BHP to shoot in them.  Why a BHP?  No particular reason, other than I like them.  I have other, perfectly suitable 9mm's (1911's, Walther Q5 Match, and a Performance Center M&P), but I've always liked the look of the old Bomar rib on a BHP, and would like to add one to my options.

IIRC there was a gunsmith (I believe Austin Behlert) that shortened an Aristocrat rib and silver solder it to the slide of a BHP.  I did see pics and wish for one.  I got a BHP but never had the rib installed.

Thanks!  I'll check both.  I like the presets on the Aristocrat - they make using a neck hold for 25 & 50 easy, just wish they made one for a BHP.  In all fairness, they do make them for 1911's, and I can always go that route.