Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swamp Fox Justice??

awaldro7

Does anyone have any experience running the swamp fox justice?  Seems like a new company making a decent product for cheap.  I am currently running a 6moa vortex viper and want something with a bigger window.  Obviously I would like to have a romeo 3 max or SRO but not sure that I can justify that currently. I watched a few Youtube reviews and they all seemed positive, however, they were from tacticool dudes and I have not seen anyone running them for USPSA.  I did see one guy do a torture test where he threw it around quite a bit mounted on his gun and it held zero.  Looks like you can get them for about $210 with a coupon code.  Any first hand experience?

https://www.swampfoxoptics.com/liberty-justice

sfj1.png

sfj2.png

I have one on one of my X-5's. My other X-5 has a RMR on it. The Justice is a lot faster target to target, glass is way clearer than the RMR. Only thing the RMR does better is you can drop the RMR on concrete numerous times from shoulder height.

1 hour ago, The Donald said:

I have one on one of my X-5's. My other X-5 has a RMR on it. The Justice is a lot faster target to target, glass is way clearer than the RMR. Only thing the RMR does better is you can drop the RMR on concrete numerous times from shoulder height.

How many rounds do you have on the Justice?  Any issues so far?

2 hours ago, The Donald said:

That wont be an issue for me haha.  I havnt ever dropped a firearm one time in my 30 years of life. haha. Thanks for the information. That makes it sound like it is worth a shot. 

6 hours ago, Cam73 said:

How is the brightness? I've been trying to find a size comparison to other optics in the same price range.

I also have a RMR. The Justice dot is smaller but brighter, crisper dot. Also the glass is pretty much crystal clear.

On 10/24/2020 at 12:10 AM, The Donald said:

I also have a RMR. The Justice dot is smaller but brighter, crisper dot. Also the glass is pretty much crystal clear.

Out of curiosity, have you compared the Justice to the Kingslayer?  I have the Kingslayer on my Open gun and, while the dot is incredibly crisp, it is small and the brightness isn't enough to stop it from getting washed out on white steel in moderate sun.  It'll even get washed out on cardboard in really bright sun.  

I really like the Kingslayer, but losing the dot isn't optimal.

3 hours ago, N3WWN said:

Out of curiosity, have you compared the Justice to the Kingslayer?  I have the Kingslayer on my Open gun and, while the dot is incredibly crisp, it is small and the brightness isn't enough to stop it from getting washed out on white steel in moderate sun.  It'll even get washed out on cardboard in really bright sun.  

I really like the Kingslayer, but losing the dot isn't optimal.

I have a Kingslayer too, for the price it isn't bad. I have shot the Justice more and never had it wash out even in the bright Texas sun in caleache bays (which is a real white dirt)

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the Justice recently, and got it mounted yesterday.  I like it a lot, but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but hopefully soon.  SWAMPFOX has a 50,000 round guarantee, and a significant reduction in price for veterans and active duty military.  I had been shooting a Burris FastFire III; like it but Justice is larger screen.

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, cjmill87 said:

Any other reviews?  Swampfox has a sale going on through today and includes their Ironsides shield with the Justice which is tempting but there still aren't a whole lot of reviews yet.

Quite a few people on ARFcom have bought Swampfox red dots and scopes and like them. They do stand behind their product.

22 hours ago, cjmill87 said:

Any other reviews?  Swampfox has a sale going on through today and includes their Ironsides shield with the Justice which is tempting but there still aren't a whole lot of reviews yet.

Check out Steel City Arsenal, they had the Justice on BF/CM for just under $190. This time last year you could get a Holosun 407C for nearly the same price (or 407A from PSA for even less) but I think the lawsuit and Covid put the brakes on production.  

19 minutes ago, Cam73 said:

Check out Steel City Arsenal, they had the Justice on BF/CM for just under $190. This time last year you could get a Holosun 407C for nearly the same price (or 407A from PSA for even less) but I think the lawsuit and Covid put the brakes on production.  

Lawsuit?

35 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Lawsuit?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/09/17/trijicon-lawsuit-holosun/

Not sure if there is any truth to it, but I read somewhere the X2 series of Holosun optics is the result of the lawsuit with Trijicon. The big buttons on the V2 were too similar to the Trijicon design and have been removed. I have a 407k with the big buttons and it's pretty nice.

Edited by Cam73

• 2 weeks later...

Not a great picture but for anyone interested in a window size comparison 

Left to right-

Holosun 407K

Holosun 407C

Swamp Fox Justice

Vortex Venom

Bushnell First Strike 2.0 (basically too dim to use, the new version is supposed to be improved, hopefully Bushnell will correct or exchange)

I haven't shot with the Justice yet but it's looks pretty good- very bright, clear glass, no extra glue on the lens, good battery cover, positive medium size brightness adjustment buttons. Have not tested the windage or elevation adjustments for feel but don't really care as long as they hold zero.

Red Dots.JPG

It seems to get good reviews wherever you can find them, but haven't seen many reviews from the popular YouTube guys. Caught the BF deals and ordered from Ranier Arms. Showed up yesterday. Anyone running the Justice with the outer shield? It's gonna make a big sight even bigger, and like the above post, I've never dropped a gun. But, I've never had anything breakable on a gun. lol

Now have to wait for my G17G4 slide to return from Jagerwerks. $130 for cut and Cerekote. I'll consider myself lucky if it shows up before February.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 10:15 AM, The Donald said:

Did you have to get a specific mount for your X5?