Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How long is Dillon taking to respond to support requests?

10 hours ago, George16 said:

Give them a call and press number 2 so they can call you back. I’ve had great luck doing this. Someone always calls back within 30 minutes.

I have done this 4 times.

I did get 1 call back and explained the no response situation from my emails and was given an unlisted number.

Called that number and left 3 voice mails to her and to this point have not gotten a response.

This was over a 6 day period as I recall.

Again just discouraged after all the excellent support that I have received over the decades of dealing with this company. 

21 hours ago, MikeyScuba said:

I always fill out a contact us form with the parts I need.  Took 3-4 days until I got a confirmation that the parts have shipped.

easy

10 hours ago, nxfedlt1 said:

Same, had parts in 4 days from my email submission last week. 

Glad it worked out...  I did the same and it did not.  

@Showclear did the same and it did not.

Glad you got lucky.

I filled out the chat window online to have a call back on 11-23.  About an hour later, someone called.  Took three minutes to get them to agree to ship a replacement part, which arrived on 11-28 USPS.  I'm still happy with Dillon service.

• 1 month later...

l have been trying since December 6th to get a part replaced on one of my powder measures. Was told that none of my 3 replies were received, then told l had to return the part, despite sending a picture of the cracked part twice. Part was sent priority mail - which took 10 days(!) and it arrived yesterday. Haven't heard anything back yet but I'm not holding my breath.

UPDATE: Got email notification an hour and a half ago that Dillon is shipping out the part.  So another 10 days (USPS) and that powder measure should be up an running. I hope.

Edited by Tom S.
Updating Post

Had to replace the primer indexing arm spring, called them and requested a call, was called back, part came in 4 days later.. You have to be persistent with them now a days since they are experiencing record sales which in return are getting record phones calls for customer. support.. No other way around it.. 

Last week I sent an email through their on line warranty link for a part on my powder check alarm that quit working.  Received an email the next day stating warranty part would be provided free of charge and two days later received an email that the part was in route....Great CS support for their on line warranty requests...Mark

On 1/13/2021 at 7:09 AM, Tom S. said:

l have been trying since December 6th to get a part replaced on one of my powder measures. Was told that none of my 3 replies were received, then told l had to return the part, despite sending a picture of the cracked part twice. Part was sent priority mail - which took 10 days(!) and it arrived yesterday. Haven't heard anything back yet but I'm not holding my breath.

UPDATE: Got email notification an hour and a half ago that Dillon is shipping out the part.  So another 10 days (USPS) and that powder measure should be up an running. I hope.

Last Update: Part arrived yesterday (1-16-21) and powder measure is back in service. I'm still puzzled as to why I had to send the part back when I had provided a photo (twice) of where the original was cracked, but so be it. So start to finish, 41 days or 26 business days. This won't deter me from recommending Dillon products, as I believe they are a top notch product, but it has soured me on what was once the top service provider in the industry.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 7:43 AM, Tom S. said:

Last Update: Part arrived yesterday (1-16-21) and powder measure is back in service. I'm still puzzled as to why I had to send the part back when I had provided a photo (twice) of where the original was cracked, but so be it. So start to finish, 41 days or 26 business days. This won't deter me from recommending Dillon products, as I believe they are a top notch product, but it has soured me on what was once the top service provider in the industry.

Dillion has always had the option to require you to send broken parts back to them.  They really do this on high value, low breakage parts.  I've had a couple of powder measures base parts crack.  The first one they wanted me to send it back.  The second they just sent out the parts.