Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How long is Dillon taking to respond to support requests?

Saw a bunch of warnings about long wait times on the phone so I did as they requested and submitted a support ticket with pictures.

Plastic Tip on my small primer feed tube has gone bad and the switch in my Low primer warning quit working....

Been a week, no response yet....

Small Primer tip.jpg

I had an email back that they got it with a reference number, so I know it went through...

Guess I'll just have to call and sit on hold...  Primers are too expensive to have issues at this point.  😕

First time I've ever been disappointed in Dillon support in 30 years as a customer.... 😧

Edited by Chutist

Both link arms snapped on my press last night, so I submitted a ticket. We’ll see how long it takes. Dillon support has been so good to me over the last 25 years, I’m willing to cut them as much slack as they need during these crazy times. 

22 hours ago, Chutist said:

Plastic Tip on my small primer feed tube has gone bad and the switch in my Low primer warning quit working....

Is that a Black tip? If so is been 30ish years sence they maide them in that color.    Low primer switch only has a year warranty.

But they have waranted one for me that was over 10 years old.

Well... I've got 550B that IS 30! LOL!!! Well almost... I think I bought it new around '93?

Be nice if they covered the stuff, I'm more worried about getting it on the way so I can get the press back up 100%.  It was flipping or missing 1 or 2 per 100. ;)

If somebody from Dillon reads this and would like to help:

Your request (41849) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

Edited by Chutist

Been maybe a day or two on emails.

On a high note, I sent my 650 in for cleaning/refurb on October 13, arrived there October16, will be back in my hands on Monday the 26th.  Not bad for them saying a 2-3 week turnaround!

14 hours ago, Chutist said:

Well... I've got 550B that IS 30! LOL!!! Well almost... I think I bought it new around '93?

Be nice if they covered the stuff, I'm more worried about getting it on the way so I can get the press back up 100%.  It was flipping or missing 1 or 2 per 100. ;)

If somebody from Dillon reads this and would like to help:

Try responding to ther e mail . If you have not.  The person in charge may not know the tips were once black. Otherwise call them .

On 10/24/2020 at 10:18 AM, AHI said:

Try responding to ther e mail . If you have not.  The person in charge may not know the tips were once black. Otherwise call them .

So 11 days in... 

I responded to the email.

Today I called and waited.  At the start it said the average wait time was 12 minutes.  At ONE HOUR a recording came on and said to leave a message and I would get a priority call back.... that was 6 hours ago.

So i've used the support form on the website, I've emailed and I've called.... 

First time in 30 years i've been really disappointed in Dillon support.  😕

So maybe Dillon reads the forums? 

I awoke to a "Ship notification", now I do have had 9mm dies on backorder....

I'll be an optimist and hope it's the parts in my support request.  :)

Edited by Chutist

On 10/27/2020 at 7:58 AM, Chutist said:

So maybe Dillon reads the forums? 

I awoke to a "Ship notification", now I do have had 9mm dies on backorder....

I'll be an optimist and hope it's the parts in my support request.  :)

So it was my new 9mm Dies....

I'll call support again tomorrow. ;)

15 days....

5 hours ago, 0099 said:

I sent them an e mail asking for the same small primer feed tips and a new primer slide bushing for a SDB.  9 dats from email to parts in hand.  

Interesting.... 

I finally gave up and bought two new tips from Ben Stoeger Pro shop.  

I'll have to live without a working "Low Primer" alarm.

No call back or email or shipment. ☹️

On 10/22/2020 at 7:15 PM, Chutist said:

Saw a bunch of warnings about long wait times on the phone so I did as they requested and submitted a support ticket with pictures.

Been a week, no response yet....

Small Primer tip.jpg

Been over 2 weeks here

I sent this just now, still hoping for a response:

Hi guys,

The plastic tip on my low primer magazine has failed along with the Switch on my Low primer warning system.  

Could I get replacements?  

I filled out the support form on the website last month but have never heard back.  

Called and waited on hold for an hour and then was forced to leave a voicemail a week or two ago.  Have not got a call back.

Could you please help me?  

Would like to get my press back up.

Thank you for your kind attention,

-------------------------------------------

Maybe the 3rd times the charm? :)

A kind soul here gave me a couple of direct numbers into Dillon, I'll give this a couple of days....then start calling direct.

Edited by Chutist

Sent an e-mail with photos on a broke case cleaner, within two days got a return authorization number. Got the repaired unit back in a week and a half(replaced 40 parts).

Dillon comes through on warranty, big thank you.

Rich

You guys have had better luck than me.

I have an issue with a broken sizing die (the carbide insert pulled out)

Emailing began Oct 6th,still waiting on a word.

Been buying their product since 1991

I have to tell you it's really discouraging.

If it is ever resolved I'll let you know.

1 hour ago, George16 said:

Give them a call and press number 2 so they can call you back. I’ve had great luck doing this. Someone always calls back within 30 minutes.

George16, I did that two weeks ago, no call back.  Waited on hold for an hour and Guess what?  When you get to an hour it goes to voicemail with no option to continue to hold.  Left a message and the voice promised a "Priority Callback" .... two weeks no call. 

Like @Showclear I've been a customer since the early 90's - 550, 1050 and 650....  Makes me think about selling all the Dillon stuff and giving the Mark 7 a go!  I'm not mad, just disappointed...I've been a Dillon "evangelist" for years,  not so much right now. :(