Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

20 Series Classifiers?

nasty618

6 minutes ago, w_thomas21 said:

How do you use the 20 series classifiers in practicscore?

Wes Thomas 

Set them up manually, like any other stage, but check the classifier box, until PS posts a new release that includes them in the stages library.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We shot 20-02 and 20-03 today.  Good times.

It appears they were not in Practiscore app when the MD tried to set them up... And they didn't come up in the Competitor app as classifiers yet, looks like... I hope USPSA score upload process can recognize them as classifiers when they're uploaded.

@euxx, by any chance, any word if those are going into the apps with the next update?

27 minutes ago, nasty618 said:

@euxx, by any chance, any word if those are going into the apps with the next update?

We received request for new classifiers after public announcement. I asked uspsa folks to provide us with a PractiScore-configured match with those stages to avoid any misconfiguration again. Haven't seen response from them on that yet. See some info on that at https://community.practiscore.com/t/creating-your-own-classifier-stages-in-practiscore-app/248

On a side note, I'm in a middle of a major Android app update. So, next update is likely at least few weeks away. I simply won't be able to post any updates to google app store before that work is completed.

PS: I also haven't figured out what to do with the pictures for those classifiers. These ones don't look that well in the app.

Edited by euxx

17 hours ago, waktasz said:

Maybe some day USPSA will update their website so the calculator works for these new stages

What's not working for you? We shot 20-01 yesterday and the calculator worked for me on my phone at the match and on my computer now. 

3 minutes ago, waktasz said:

The phone app or website. Weird that it works for you. 

On the website it says Invalid Division/Classifier Combination when I try to select 20-01

I used the website both times; don't have the phone app. I can try it out on my end if you want, just let me know the division/HF

I don't need it, haven't shot any of them yet. I was just looking at them after they were announced and wondering what a good score was, and nothing seems to work on my end for any of the divisions for any of the 20 series stages

21 hours ago, euxx said:

Thanks man!

3 hours ago, waktasz said:

Just realized the website works but you can't leave the HF field blank. The app still is broken though

Not sure if you know this, but you can skip the native app completely if you add the USPSA page as a web app to your home screen. On android at least. I still use the app as an offline rulebook, but otherwise I keep going to the web app version of it where things seem to work better and a little faster.

For those that have shot these, how do you feel about the HHF calibration? Looks like they did the top ten average from Nationals again, which I recall lead a lot of people to think the 19 series ones were "soft" 

36 minutes ago, regor said:

a lot of people to think the 19 series ones were "soft" 

Weren't 2018 ones set at 90% of the top 10 average initially and then adjusted later to be a bit harder?  19 series were set at 100% from the start - I can see the logic there, perhaps to avoid another adjustment later.  

Having shot two 20 series this last weekend, it seemed like the individual results were indicative of shooters classification levels. 

6 hours ago, happygunner77 said:

wouldn't your time be faster by going left on the draw instead of standing draw

Maybe marginally for Prod/minor PF? However, I need to get the As plus I still have a reload,  a longer distance makes it easier. 

More importantly, there's a NS target in the middle I felt was too risky to take on the move. 

I don't really like to take risks in general and definitely not at major matches.  I think of it this way: a charlie on a 7HF stage is about .3 of a second. if I drop 3 charlies while shooting on the move - that's a second lost.  If I catch a NS, that's almost 2 seconds... IF I call it AND make it up with an alpha in .5 of a sec.  If not, and it's a M/NS.... Forget it.  In either case, I can't shoot fast enough to make that up.

One can play to figure a faster way in practice or maybe even at a local match... But not at Nationals.  

Edited by nasty618

3 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

just out of curiosity, why didnt you draw to the open targets in front of you first?

I just shot this classifier this past weekend and i didnt know if starting on one side offered any advantage at all?

Because you can shoot them on the move later as you cross to the other side. You mask more of the draw dead time by moving and drawing. 

6 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

just out of curiosity, why didnt you draw to the open targets in front of you first?

I just shot this classifier this past weekend and i didnt know if starting on one side offered any advantage at all?

What @rowdybsaid. The time standard for Open on the 20 series are spicy, so maximizing down time is crucial. An extra half second can drop you almost 10%. 

Had a chance to shoot 20-03 and 20-02 today as well. I think 20-03 is the hardest to score high on because you need to 1-for-1 the steel very quickly to make it work. I took a little too long, 5.95s with all As but it knocked me down to 88.5%. 

20-02 went better, 4.94s with 3 Cs, 96.5% 

For a revo where you can save a reload buy shooting the center reloading and shooting both sides, it is probably faster to draw to the center, but even that is questionable because you would be masking your reloads and draw with movement, I would have to run it both ways in practice a few times to know for sure, but all that said, I shot it a couple weeks ago with a revo and drew to the center as it was the safer play.   

30 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

For a revo where you can save a reload buy shooting the center reloading and shooting both sides, it is probably faster to draw to the center, but even that is questionable because you would be masking your reloads and draw with movement, I would have to run it both ways in practice a few times to know for sure, but all that said, I shot it a couple weeks ago with a revo and drew to the center as it was the safer play.   

That reminds me, does anyone know how they calibrated the HHFs for Revo/SS/PCC since these stages were from Factory Gun/Race Gun Nationals? 

23 minutes ago, regor said:

That reminds me, does anyone know how they calibrated the HHFs for Revo/SS/PCC since these stages were from Factory Gun/Race Gun Nationals? 

no clue, I would like to say educated guess but that may be a overstatement